Ruger Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Today at the range a guy invited me to shoot his new American Ranch Rifle. His is chambered in .223/5.56, and he had a suppressor on it. I guess he plans to shoot coyotes with it.

I shot at a 12 inch steel gong at 100 yards, and hitting it pretty much dead center was almost too easy. The trigger was really nice (he says he has it adjusted to 3 pounds), and there was almost no noticeable recoil.

After today, I'm tempted to get one myself.

·
Righteous Dude
21,694 Posts
Americans are pretty nice and accurate. A buddy has the 308... Easy accuracy and a great price.

I just have the 22lr. Stupid accurate. :)

·
Registered
5,332 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
This is one of my favorite rifles, I love the short barrel and .556 is so soft to shoot! I have mine with a Vortex Crossfire ll 2-7X32
No plans on a suppressor yet but it sure is fun.

Attachments

·
Registered
363 Posts
It's the perfect walking varminter, and it will shoot light .224 bullets well. I use mine frequently. I handload 40 gr. V-Max bullets and never fail to connect out to 200 yds.

·
Registered
525 Posts
This is my next rifle.

I've been a lever action .30-30 guy since 2007, but for complex reasons, I'm moving now to the Ranch Rifle in .223 as my general purpose, go to rifle.

I think I'll put a 2-7X scope on it. I'm fond of Leupold, but am open to suggestions. I see one person above recommends Vortex Crossfire ll 2-7X32.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Testing .. 1, 2 .

I posted earlier, but being a newbie, it didnt' go through.

Trying again.

This rifle is my next one. I hope to order in a couple of weeks.
Have not even handled one yet, let alone fired one.
But super stoked by what I'm reading and watching.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts