Ruger Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any of you collect your old American Riflemans? I was looking through some old stuff and came across the November 1977 issue. The article on page 44, 'Accurizing the Colt Percussion Revolver,' was written by Patrick E. Felker, my father.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Several years ago I tried to find a copy of it. The one I have has his mailing label on the front, so I don't want to cut that one up. But if I can find one at a show or something that's a good idea, the cover of the issue and the three page article in one four page block, matted and framed.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Wow-bet he'd be as proud of you as you are of him...you're preparing to make your mark now...who knows what your future generations will read about(or by) you...

·
Registered
431 Posts
Find someone to make a digital copy and frame that.

Molon Labe

Kim

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Yep ya need to frame that for sure

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
Something to be proud of for sure! Preserve it anyway you can.

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
Well, I have every Rifleman going back to 1978 and several single issues before that, but I don't have the issue you are talking about. I have seen the Rifleman sell on ebay pretty cheap, and it is possible to get you an extra one with your dads article in it off of there.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I'd also try gun clubs and small-town libraries...it was common when I was a kid for folks to donate their mags to the library...

·
Registered
312 Posts
Id try the magazine publisher also. Seeing what its for they may have back issues or even make you a copy from their archives. Be nice if they had the original copy he sent in and let you have it. Sounds like something worth keeping after till you get it, good luck.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts