Ruger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought my first handgun, an SP101 in 327 mag. The thing is a blast too shot. I've shot almost 1000 rds of 32 long thru 327 mag thru it. Trouble is the ammo is hard to find around me in south central KS. Time for me to consider reloading. Not having any luck finding 32 cal ammo boxes that specifically say they will work with 327 mag. What do you guys use for 100 rd or 50 rd ammo boxes for 327 mag? Thanks

·
Registered
10,156 Posts
I am now going thru the same thing. I have a Ruger SP101 .327FM I now need to go out & shoot my gun. Have got 260 rounds of ammo etc. With what's out there now yes use .357 plastic ammo box's or the ammo box's the .32 Caliber ammo comes in. My .327FM ammo fits very loose in the ammo box's......because its .357/.38 Spec. sized ammo box's!! I wished that there was something better sized!!! I now have reloading dies etc. takes time to build up supplies to reload for a new caliber such as .327 Federal Mag. This is a neat caliber to have 6 shots vs 5 shots in a small framed SP101!!

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
357 ammo boxes for the 327 is what I use.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
For length, the 357s are the same. For diameter, I suggest a 223 box with a styrofoam spacer glued in. It's a little bulky though. I have one 100-round box and probably won't buy another, but it works great for bulk reloading. Another alternative for bulk reloads is to save those sturdy bullet boxes and just put the reloads in there loose.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts