Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys-
Buying a lcr 357 very soon and I'm wondering what rounds you use. I plan on using 357 rounds, does anyone make a short barrel round for 357? Also which are best for concealed carry protective rounds? I will be experimenting with a fee types but figures you guys can probably start me in the right directions. Thanks!!

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
Speer makes short barrel SD rounds. You might want to consider .38+P rounds also. I used Hornady Critical Defense 110 grain .38+P in my KLCR when I carried it.

·
Registered
838 Posts
I use Critical Defense .38 +P or .357 mag. The +P is the most practical, the .357 has vary abusive recoil and the muzzle blast is way too much for all practical purposes.

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
Can't help on .357. I want more control, and carry .38s in my LCR-357. CCI Independence 130gr FMJ for the range, and Hornady 125gr XTP HP for carry.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Hornady Critical Defense 38+p, but try out several recommendations to find what suits you best.

Have some fun with it!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just found a great site showing ballistics testing. Brass fetcher.com. Click on handgun, then look at Speer short barrel ammo for 38 and 357. Big difference in 357. This is the kind of factual testing I was looking for!

·
Registered
873 Posts
Hmmm, a Zombie post by the looks of it. IMHO, everybody here was thinking too hard, the 125 grain JHP was and remains the champ. Just pick one,Remington, Federal,etc.

It will be a violent round no matter the major brand. When it is up close and personal, you want that gun and round.

·
Super Moderator
16,338 Posts
Hmmm, a Zombie post by the looks of it. IMHO, everybody here was thinking too hard, the 125 grain JHP was and remains the champ. Just pick one,Remington, Federal,etc.
MisterMills ... It wasn't a zombie thread until you reopened it after 9 years and then commented about it's zombie status :unsure: :unsure: . Please do not create Zombie threads for fun in the future MisterMills o_O

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.