Ruger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if the major ammo manufactures shutdown plants due to covid-19. Or is the ammo shortage all due to increase in purchases?

·
Registered
253 Posts
I'll rephrase hoarders as panic buyers then. I restocked over time with rim fire since the last ''shortage''. I bought a brick everytime i went to Walmart. I rode out the last one because i stocked up. When ammo loosened up. I had 2 bricks left. Center fire i reload.

·
Registered
122 Posts
After the election in 2016 when Fl almost went brain dead an almost elected a liberal senator and governor I started buy .22 and 9mm at a rate of AT LEAST 250-500 rds a month over what I was shooting at the range. I will continue to do so even at the current prices seeing perhaps a rough road ahead after next election. I think I will have enough for a nice little pass down to my son when I die.

·
Exchequer
4,428 Posts
I'm not aware of any of the manufacturers closing down due to the plague. Does anyone know if that was or is the case?

·
Registered
38 Posts
There is no ammo shortage
I had 500 rounds of .380 delivered today and had 500 rounds of 9mm delivered last week.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Where did you buy the 9mm from?
I got the 9mm from Bass Pro Shops for $0.18 per round and the .380 from Cabelas for $0.28. Both were Herters
Follow MrGunsnGear on FB and he posts specials all the time. You usually have to order pretty quick though. I've seen Federal and Remington both for $0.20 per round. He's had specials for 5.56/.223 too.

Edited:
There's plenty on Gunbroker too, but it's high $. You can bid on an auction and might get a deal, but you have to hit it right.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts