Ruger Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I didn't know where to post this for sure, so thought I would post it here. I have been reading, on other gun forums, that there is another big price increase for ammo coming June 1. Anyone know anything about this, just rumor, fact, or ?

Thanks

·
Registered
239 Posts
with gas at 4$ a gallon everything is going to go up again ..even if there was a normal increase coming your gonna get hit again .. Im a repair man and i can tell ya the big talk these past 2 weeks is how much we are spending in gas

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
your right , fuel cost have to be past on somewhere and they will raise ammo cost as they do food and everything else,

·
Registered
239 Posts
Forgot to say above im filling up every other day from 1/4th tank is going 115.00$ my normal TRip charge is 65.00$ I can see the company raising prices.. i all ready see it in what my parts are going up from the manufactures

·
Banned
700 Posts
What else is new? Everything is going up
Yeah, though oil prices send everything they touch upward there's more to this ugliness than the price of gas.
Spiraling inflation and the FED being handcuffed to raise rates due to the tremendous number of "I want it now" folks who sucked in to the predatory lending practices of the past few years. The dollar continues to fall out of bed due to the off the charts national debt. The sad part is lowering rates may help to a limited degree, those who are upside down in their mortgages but the rest of us will have to pay for it through continuing escalating prices for all goods and services. Top it off with the out of control world wide demand for limited natural resources and ............Yahtzee, you have the present freaking economic meltdown.
What a freaking mess!
There's no free lunch folks! Put enough stuff on the CC and sooner or later the bill comes due....That would be now!

SD

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
the sad truth of the matter is
we are in a recession and the ballon is deflatin' rapidly.

the two largest growing markets in the world today are india and china. Those markets are commanding world attention and they are competition in a buyers and producers market.

This Country no longer has an explosive growth potential as we have progressed beyond an industrial nation and have now entered a nation-wide consumer status-----there is no where to go from here except downward.

With the price of oil, the loss of the value of the dollar, and our inability to locally produce goods, we will continue to slip backwards in our abilities........

The price of lead, ammo, and other components are just reflecting the fact that growing markets overseas and the value of foreign currency is now very competitive. We have no one to blame but ourselves..........we have no choice but to "bite the bullet" for the short and moderate term as this will take time to correct.

Cutting rates will do nothing more than de-value the dollar further and will cause prices to rise higher.........

·
Banned
700 Posts
Deputy, This recession is not the usual kind. Recession is defined as two or more consecutive months of negative growth. That's a normal function of a growing economy.
This fiasco we presently are undergoing is much more serious.

The overwhelming debt which has accrued over the last 7 years and the 10 billion a month sent to Iraq have caused the dollar to become very ill and anemic. The post VN war years produced similar imbalances. This time it's much more severe!

Yes, others have finally bought in to the "pro growth" "good life" around the world but that in itself can be remedied with the right reactions.
The increasing world wide demand on nat resources can be offset by a likewise increase in supply. Unfortunately the lag in supply, whether contrived or genuine is not keeping up with demand. Those who control supply obviously have a vested interest in controlling price via the supply. They're doin' a pretty good job of it!

Unfortunately gov didn't step in to prevent the predatory lending but now wants to intervene to stop the bleeding. They got it backwards as usual.
Yes lower rates will only perpetuate this mess. We don't want to take the medicine to get better so we'll run the risk of getting much worse a little at a time.

Sadly we've become a non manufacturing economy in favor of a service provider.
My bet is we'll now have two classes of folks...... investor class and grunts.
Workers will continue to have less rights (if that's possible). Benefits like pensions and health will become almost non existent including government service jobs.
We'll be in trouble without a middle class!

If we don't engage in some real change soon then it will be as you say.....a discarded piece of shriveled rubber rather than a balloon.

SD

·
Registered
404 Posts
The Government enabled the lending. The real culprit here is the Fed which Congress allows (unconstitutionally) to create wealth from thin air by printing money and which artificially kept the interest rates low long after they should have been increased. The Fed should never have been allowed to come into existence and it only did so after almost 150 years of the banking houses of Europe pushing for it. We need to eliminate the Federal Reserve and put our currency back on the gold standard. For some great insights and info check out the articles on Mises.org http://www.mises.org/

Their daily email is worth getting. The articles are all available at http://mises.org/articles.aspx. Several that stood out recently are:

-What You Should Know About Inflation http://mises.org/story/2914

-Did the Fed Cause the Housing Bubble? http://mises.org/story/2936

-Spotlight on Keynesian Economics http://mises.org/story/2950

-Challenge to America: A Current Assessment of Our Republic http://mises.org/story/2894

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.