Ruger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just a small part from the article:
"Ammunition shipments to local gun shops and police departments are being delayed for months because the Army has more than tripled its demand for small-caliber ammunition.

Ammunition plants have dramatically ratcheted up production, but company officials acknowledge delays to police and retailers of up to a year."

got this off of the NSSF site and the complete article is here:

http://desmoinesregister.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070521/NEWS/705210323/-1/ENT06

Glad i reload.

·
Registered
3,617 Posts
Heck, I reload too, and it is hard to get some bullets, like .223 caliber. Half the time, Midway is out of them. And primers, powder and bullets have all went way up in price this past year or two. Besides the war, China is buying up all the raw materials that go in to making ammo.

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, if we are sending them materials, maybe they should send us the norinco 1911's. Seemed like a decent 45!

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
I am hoping that the market will go down some so far I am still loading off my stock pile but it is starting to go down.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
quote:Originally posted by deputy125

Well, if we are sending them materials, maybe they should send us the norinco 1911's. Seemed like a decent 45!
Now that is a great idea!!

·
Registered
576 Posts
I get about 40% of what I order in handgun ammo. The distributors are usually out of what I want...for weeks at a time. I get short changed on my orders every week. Then I place a new order the next week with a different distributor, including some of what I did not get the last week. Some do not sell Federal. If I need Hydra Shoks, I may not be able to get them. Last week I did not receive ANY .45 Colts and I ordered three different kinds. I was able to get .460 in Hornady and .454 in Hornady and Winchester. I end up paying a lot more in UPS fees, because I have to continually keep ordering every week.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts