Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 132 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Personally, I've been a fan of the factory FNH SS198LF ammo, its the 27grain, seems to cycle the best for me. But since this cornavirus the ammo has shot up in price from .45 to $1/round. CRAZY.:eek:
What have you all been paying?:mad:

·
Registered
969 Posts
Personally, I've been a fan of the factory FNH SS198LF ammo, its the 27grain, seems to cycle the best for me. But since this cornavirus the ammo has shot up in price from .45 to $1/round. CRAZY.:eek:
What have you all been paying?:mad:
I hope you have a good inventory of your favorite round so you don't have to pay the high prices at the moment. That is what I have done and I haven't paid exorbitant prices for anything.

·
Exchequer
4,420 Posts
Have not shopped for ammo in a while. Watching the budget these days and had stocked up on 9mm and .357 magnum a couple of months ago. Running a bit low on my CCI Mini Mags, though.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I let the grand kid run through some .22 a couple weeks ago, last Sunday I saw bass shop had federal black pack for .05 a round. I bought two boxes to replace what the kids used up.
I haven't seen anything else worth buying.
I'm stocked up but will always buy more if it isn't over priced.

·
Registered
994 Posts
So far most places have not been to high ! Up some . But online is getting screwy from .80 to 99 cents a round of .223 and same for 9mm :O

·
Registered
4,306 Posts
as I learned when I first joined this forum a few years back - "buy it cheap and pile it deep"

·
Premium Member
Support Veterans
2,519 Posts
as I learned when I first joined this forum a few years back - "buy it cheap and pile it deep"
Same here. We have a backup supply.
* I have noticed some limited quantities and prices going up at a steady rate. CCI Blazer 9mm. 115gr 50 box at LGS went up from $8.99 last week to $14.99 today. All center fire pistol ammo up $6.00 per box.
* rimfire ammo going up as well.
* glad we have what we need for awhile. I will cycle as usual and replace stock after each practice session. Always looking for buys.
*Hope this shutdown gets over ASAP too many out of work and too many business owners facing tough times.

·
Registered
994 Posts
I am OK but did order extra for my stash :) I ordered .223 from my regular bulk place, got the order less then a week ! That was over a month ago, before the rush :O Found a in state manufacture of ammo,so also order some bulk from them as well to try ! Will target shoot with them maybe 200 rounds to see how they run ! The owner say their powder does not burn dirty like that Russian crap ! He also sell to the PD so I may have scored a good place :) will see ! Not hoarding anything just my usual stash so If someone is knocking with their feet they will not be coming in :O

·
Registered
326 Posts
Ammo shortages---that's why I reload. Buy components when cheap and plentiful and cast for all the handgun and rifle calibers I own (except 9mm).
22LR ammo is all I buy and have plenty on hand. I did buy a quantity of 9mm and 45 ACP Hornady and Sig ammo around 2 yrs ago for defensive use, still have enough for a shootout at a OK Corral type situation.

·
Banned
29,620 Posts
One of the reasons to cast your own bullets where possible is powder is sometimes easier to find then bullets.

·
Registered
7,883 Posts
In regards to .22LR, anything less than 5,000 rounds on hand is running low.
Well I might agree ... just picked some Remington Golden Bullets and while I was putting them away I stumbled upon 1000 rounds of Federal 22lr i forgot i had and another 1000 rounds of 9 mm that i also forgot about ...

So i have at least 8-9000 22lr and lost count of the 9 mm ... amongst other calibers i have on hand

·
Registered
3,534 Posts
Not long ago my wife found out just how much ammo I have, not that I ever deceived or hid it from her. I just didn't shoot all that I purchased. And while she knew I reloaded, she didn't know how much I reloaded.

So when she found out she was shocked and asked why so much? I tried it explaining it to her but only now does she understand. While others are out there panic buying, Im not spending a penny.

Oh, and I word to all those that bought huge quantities, dried up supply, and are now profiteering by putting up ammo on Gunbroker (and other such websites), for stupid crazy high prices....shame on you!

·
Premium Member
Support Veterans
2,519 Posts
Not long ago my wife found out just how much ammo I have, not that I ever deceived or hid it from her. I just didn't shoot all that I purchased. And while she knew I reloaded, she didn't know how much I reloaded.
So when she found out she was shocked and asked why so much? I tried it explaining it to her but only now does she understand. While others are out there panic buying, Im not spending a penny.
Oh, and I word to all those that bought huge quantities, dried up supply, and are now profiteering by putting up ammo on Gunbroker (and other such websites), for stupid crazy high prices....shame on you!
OhioBrian, similar situation here with my wife. The last shortage her and I learned our lesson. This time she knows why we stocked so much. I have seen people re-selling on the web and that is the way some choose. Not good! I have also seen some good people at my club offer to help members that got caught off gaurd.

·
Registered
3,534 Posts
OhioBrian, similar situation here with my wife. The last shortage her and I learned our lesson. This time she knows why we stocked so much. I have seen people re-selling on the web and that is the way some choose. Not good! I have also seen some good people at my club offer to help members that got caught off gaurd.
Rickclark28 nailed it folks, those that have, lets help out those who have not at your local gun club, and elsewhere . It doesn't have to be much, a few rounds maybe for those with none to protect their families.

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
There is no ammo shortage at my house. I have handguns in thirteen calibers and rifles in seven calibers. I can always find something to shoot. I still have some .357 magnum from the cases I bought in 1992 when Bill Clinton won the election.

·
Registered
7,883 Posts

After my recent score of 4500 rounds of Remington Golden Bullets my wife asked why so much ...

She doesn't fully understand ... my cross to bear ...

1 - 20 of 132 Posts