Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
6,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
We all love our pets and they all do funny things. What has your pet done that makes you chuckle when you think about it? :D
If you don't have pets, maybe tell us a cute wild animal tale you've seen?

I was in the kitchen standing at the stove stirring something, when I heard a scurrying sound & a thump thump thumping coming down the hallway. I turned my head & looked towards the living room, my pug is running by with the iron "chasing" him! He had been sniffing around & the cord to the iron had wrapped around his curly tail....:D

·
Republican!!!
11,413 Posts
We all love our pets and they all do funny things. What has your pet done that makes you chuckle when you think about it? :D

I was in the kitchen standing at the stove stirring something, when I heard a scurrying sound & a thump thump thumping coming down the hallway. I turned my head & looked towards the living room, my pug is running by with the iron "chasing" him! He had been sniffing around & the cord to the iron had wrapped around his curly tail....:D
LOL! I can just imagine that.

My girl dachshund has a thing for my houseshoes. I live in Arizona and wear them without socks, so you can imagine their condition. But she loves them! If I leave them down, the boys will chew them up but if she gets one she sticks her nose in as far as it will go until often times it turns upsidedown and she's walking around with my houseshoe over her head. She can't see a thing, but she's in doggy heaven!

Have you ever noticed it's almost impossible to get a picture of them when they do these funny things? They always move before the camera's ready.

·
Republican!!!
11,413 Posts
Here's my youngest, Duddley, or Dudders as I often call him, asleep on his daddy's lap.

·
Banned
1,641 Posts
If you don't have pets, maybe tell us a cute wild animal tale you've seen?

HILARIOUS! We have a pug and he gets into all sorts of mischief. Yesterday morning, I was laying and had my leg close to the edge of the bed. Jack (our pug) decided that he wanted to get down and get a drink of water so he stepped over my leg and right off the edge of the bed! Basically it was a loud thump and then a bunch of snorting and snarfing. LOL!

Another funny thing he does is follow far too closely when you're walking through the house so my wife and I will just stop suddenly and let him run into the backs of our legs. HAHAHA! We're terrible dog parents, I know.

This is him:

·
Banned
1,641 Posts
Here's my youngest, Duddley, or Dudders as I often call him, asleep on his daddy's lap.

Awwww man! Love collies! We had a collie named Myra when I was a teenager. I loved that dog to pieces. She used to sleep just like that. Great picture!

·
Registered
6,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I wonder what Dudders is dreaming of? He looks pretty happy! You have a herd, school, gaggle, & swarm of D-Hounds, depending on what they're doing at the moment! ;)

·
Registered
6,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
HeyM, I think thats why puggers have flat faces, their ancestors kept running to fast & sliding into the walls to get to their food dishes. As for their little snorts & sniffs...I think sometimes they might be "cussing" under their breath. They are a great little dog for companionship.

·
Jaded James
900 Posts
When I was around 10 years old we had a Bassett Hound that was very smart. We had an easy chair in the TV room that he loved to lay in. One night while we were watching TV the dog scratched at the door to go out. So i get up out of the chair and as soon as I touch the door he runs and jumps in the chair. My parents laughed and made me lay on the floor since I was outsmarted by the dog.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Our boy Jude is a Border Collie and German Pointer mixed. That alone makes him hilarious when he sees something he wants the chase. He gets so confused. He starts by pointing at it, then tries to herd it, and eventually just gets confused and barks.

Before we got our second dog, we were living in Utah and he really needed another dog for a friend. Well, one morning, he found a field mouse in the yard and began chasing it trying to get it to play with him. He ended up smashing and killing the mouse, so he proceeded to nose it around the yard trying to get it to run so he could keep chasing it.

I swear, he really is a smart dog.... he just doesn't always seem like it :)

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
My wife was out of town and I was looking for something to eat in the frig ( on the bottom shelf)., I took out the large tube of Country Crock and set it on the floor behind me while I looked. My two dogs drug off the Country Crock into the living room and ate it. About an hour later it was like the exorcist. I was ready to take them to the vet and then I found the source I'm still hearing about that one.
The dogs are fine.

·
Republican!!!
11,413 Posts

·
Republican!!!
11,413 Posts
Awwww man! Love collies! We had a collie named Myra when I was a teenager. I loved that dog to pieces. She used to sleep just like that. Great picture!
Dudders and his brother, momma and dad are all longhaired mini-dachshunds, though the momma is stretching the bounds of "mini". It was a hard picture to tell what he really looks like. I do have a sister named Myra, though! :D

Here's a better picture of him on my lap with his daddy off to the side.

Here's a video of Dudders and his brother Steve harassing a praying mantis a few days ago.

One bad @$$ bug! - YouTube

·
Banned
1,641 Posts
HeyM, I think thats why puggers have flat faces, their ancestors kept running to fast & sliding into the walls to get to their food dishes. As for their little snorts & sniffs...I think sometimes they might be "cussing" under their breath. They are a great little dog for companionship.
Haha! I think you're right. And he is great for companionship. I just wish he didn't want to be my companion ALL the time. Every once in a while, I like to put my laptop on my lap instead of my pug. :D

·
Banned
1,641 Posts
Dudders and his brother, momma and dad are all longhaired mini-dachshunds, though the momma is stretching the bounds of "mini". It was a hard picture to tell what he really looks like. I do have a sister named Myra, though! :D

Here's a video of Dudders and his brother Steve harassing a praying mantis a few days ago.
Oops! Apologies! Could have sworn that was a collie! Ah well... they're cute dogs regardless. :D They look like great companions.

·
Banned
1,641 Posts
Most of my dogs have worn the "collar of shame" at one time or another. That's a great picture!
Yep... Caught a cat claw to the eye. When we still had a cat (lost him in a house fire when Jack was just a pup :() He still hates cats...

It was funny watching him with that collar on, though. His face is flat so he has to get it really close to the ground to sniff and it was autumn when he had that thing on so he would run around the back yard sniffing the ground and pick up leaves and sticks in his collar. He'd come up looking like a homemade lion costume and we had little tracks all over our yard from him bulldozing the leaves.

·
Registered
644 Posts
My wife was out of town and I was looking for something to eat in the frig ( on the bottom shelf)., I took out the large tube of Country Crock and set it on the floor behind me while I looked. My two dogs drug off the Country Crock into the living room and ate it. About an hour later it was like the exorcist. I was ready to take them to the vet and then I found the source I'm still hearing about that one.
The dogs are fine.
Oh man that's horrible. The smell can usually be worse though!

Our dog once at a ball of wasabi that came with the sushi we brought home. He didn't even flinch when he ate it, like it wasn't spicy at all. The only difference is he is known as the "silent spewer". We didn't realize he had puked it up a couple hours later until we started to smell the smell of vomit. He had gone behind the couch and barfed everywhere, but completely silently. Didn't hear a thing. But boy, did it smell.

·
Republican!!!
11,413 Posts
Maybe they were dachshunds before they started crashing into walls! :D

1 - 20 of 48 Posts