Ruger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Friends, I had a great time shooting on Monday afternoon. I had my P345 and my SP101 with me. There was only one other person on the pistol line, so it was much quieter there than at other times that I've been to the range.

After reading some of the responses that some of you have made to various threads here and there, I will confess that I have indeed been stricken with Rugeritis. However, at this point, I don't think I am in the advanced stages that some of you have alluded to. (I trust that the future will reveal the true gravity of my condition.)

A little later, a gentleman came and occupied the table to my left and he began cutting loose with a very loud and powerful piece. I asked him what it was, and he happily showed me a blue .357 Dan Wesson with 4" barrel. He said that his mother-in-law had recently given it to him. He loaded it up with magnums and handed it to me and I enjoyed shooting a cylinder-ful through it.

He then asked if he could see my guns. He first hefted the SP101. (He really liked it, and I let him shoot it.) He was very impressed with it. And then I handed him the 345. He looked it over carefully, and commented that he loved the way it fit his hand. I affirmed that this was one of the features that had first attracted me to the 345. I slipped in a fresh magazine and he cranked those rounds through it. (He was an *excellent* shot, and shooting on a fresh target, his group made me realize that there is a lot more skill that I need to acquire with this gun.) He continued to "fondle" and admire it. As he finally handed it back to me, he dug around in his range bag for a pen and something to write on, and asked me again for the model of it. As I left a little later, he said that if we met there again, chances were real good that he would be shooting a 345.

So, a question or two for those of you who are more experienced in dealing with Rugeritis. Could that fellow have been infected with the disease in just that short time that we talked together? If so, does that make me a "carrier" who has inadvertently passed the infection on to an unsuspecting ehthusiast? My, oh my! I have so much to learn about this disease, and how to cope with it! [:0]

Amistad
'loving these Rugers!'

·
Registered
5,004 Posts
Most people, that have never shot Rugers, look down at them, just based on what they've heard... Put one in their hands, let 'em shoot it, and they have contracted the disease...Rugeritis! Very contagious, indeed.

·
Premium Member
2,905 Posts
Yes Amistad...you are a carrier! But honestly that is a good thing! Although it has driven some of us near to bankruptcy, we have no regrets. (I'm told they have a range close to the county poor farm.)
I know what you both mean about how the 345 feels in the hand. That's what initially sold me. After shooting it, ergonomics were forgotton. It just flat shoots up a storm! That's why I'm picking up another one today - this one's a decocker. The old one is a safety model.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
quote:Originally posted by rman

I know what you both mean about how the 345 feels in the hand. That's what initially sold me. After shooting it, ergonomics were forgotton. It just flat shoots up a storm! That's why I'm picking up another one today - this one's a decocker. The old one is a safety model.
Yes sir. Though the "little woman" would not be well pleased with me if I were to speak of getting a second 345, I can definitely see where you are coming from in your acquisition of another one. [:p]

Amistad
'enjoying handguns in Texas'

·
Registered
162 Posts
My friend actually told me to get a Glock, since it is lighter,etc but when i held both guns i like the Ruger more and that's the one i got. Maybe i have a little of Rugeritis.lol

1 - 5 of 5 Posts