Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, from the center of hot, hazy and HUMID North Carolina! I'm an old retired army paratrooper still working on FT Bragg as a fat-bellied civilan employee. I have a C&R collectors license so you know most of my money goes to old military rifles and not very many Rugers! Let's see, I know I have a Camp 9 and desire a Camp .45..darned if I don't think that is the only Ruger in the stable right now! I would love to have a Single Six, six inch barrel in .32 H&R Mag and a .22-45 though!

Back in the 70's I was stationed in Germany and had a part-time job working at the Rhein-Main R&G club on base. One night as we were closing up I noticed several Ruger boxes in the safe. I asked the manager what was the story and he told me they were brand-new Bearcats they couldn't sell! Seems they didn't make the import requirements of the GCA of '68. Oh, and the price on them was $35 each! I've often wondered what ever happened to those little cuties! :)
I'll bet they "came home" somehow!:D

Anyway, I'll mostly keep quiet and watch a lot before I have much to say. Looks like a good group so far.

·
Forum Founder
3,639 Posts
Welcome aboard Dan. Glad you're here. Make yourself at home and enjoy the Board. I would like to have a few cases of those Ruger Bearcats now. :D

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
Welcome from Texas. Knew a cpl of officers that carried the Marlin Camp 9 and Camp 45 carbines--good guns but as a lefty they kept spittin' brass in my face! Never got to try a ruger single six in 32 h&r mag but i sure want to!

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
welcome glad to have you with us.

·
Registered
704 Posts
Welcome, I seem to recall a lot of crazies jumping out of C-130's from Pope A.F.B. in the early 70's. Something about leaving a perfectly good airplane. Glad to have you find us..... :D

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Welcome from NTex...glad to have you...used to have a Camp 9 and I'd like the Camp .45, too...or somebody else's, if Marlin won't bring 'em back out...Beretta has the Storm Carbine in .45, but I hate having to wear a Star Wars outfit to match the gun...I want one in steel and walnut, thank you!!!

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
TrooperDan, welcome from hot & humid Louisiana. Glad to have you here. Don't be shy, speak up anytime. And we'll have to see about widening your interest to some of the other Rugers, maybe an old Security Six or Blackhawk???

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks for all the welcomes guys! Seems like a freiendly and likeable bunch! Jimbo, you mentioned the Blackhawk.. that got me to thinking about the .30 Carbine Blackhawk.. heck I could load it down and it would be like a .32 H&R Mag! I've been interested in the .30 Carbine in the past; I remember Skeeter Skelton's reveiw of it the first time he fired it. he said the first round he felt like someone had smacked him in the face with a wet towel and set off dynamite caps in each ear! Seemed to have a tad of muzzle blast with factory loads!

·
Registered
197 Posts
Welcome Dan, many years ago in my youth I was with the 2BN/325INF "White Falcons", around 1982-83. If you were there then, you'll remember the white rooster in front of BN HQ.

Jay

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
Yep, knew we could get you to thinking on some other Ruger goodies. I personally love the 30 carbine blackhawk. One heck of a fun gun to shoot. Don't have one right now but it is on my short list of future acquisitions. When I'm ready, I'll be looking for an OM Blackhawk or one of the first couple years of the new model. According to price and condition. Want a good shooter, not a collector, but not one too badly used. Then if you had the M-1 carbine you could shoot rifle or six shooter- same load-----------

1 - 20 of 23 Posts