Ruger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm planning on anchoring my safe. I have a hammer drill but am unsure of the size drill bit to use. I have 3/8" sleeve anchors. Would wedges be better?

·
Banned
3,158 Posts
What did the instructions that came with the safe say?

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
3/8" Quik-sets (sleeve anchors) should be enough provided the holes are deep enough. Just use a 3/8" bit and you should be fine. Be sure to blow the dust out of the hole before inserting the anchor. The hammer drill will wallow out a little bit so the anchor should be easy to tap down.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
I had this crazy idea that I might try; buy a medium-sized pistol safe, throw a couple of bricks in it, and set it next to my desk un-anchored.

If bad guys ever do come in and rip me off, maybe they will just throw the decoy in their vehicle to break it open later, and not look for my real safe. Just an idea I'm still tossing around. A mediocre pistol safe is only about $150, not a bad price to pay for not having your house ransacked.

·
Banned
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I had this crazy idea that I might try; buy a medium-sized pistol safe, throw a couple of bricks in it, and set it next to my desk un-anchored.

If bad guys ever do come in and rip me off, maybe they will just throw the decoy in their vehicle to break it open later, and not look for my real safe. Just an idea I'm still tossing around. A mediocre pistol safe is only about $150, not a bad price to pay for not having your house ransacked.
That is an interesting idea! might be worth it.

Thanks for the replies.
Well,here goes it....:D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts