Ruger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been in need of a pocket pistol for a while (dont like being unarmed when running or biking), fondled many LCP's and others, but didn't feel like dropping $300+ on one

I know, its blasphemy, but I ended up foregoing an LCP in favor of a Kel-Tec P-32. My buddy had it and never shot it, He said last time he shot it it kept malfunctioning. I took it home, cleaned it inside and out, then too kit out and ran a box of Fiocci .32 Auto through it as fast as i could. Not a single hiccup.... so after finding out it works fine it got it for less than half of what an LCP would cost, before tax and background even.

But holy crap this thing is tiny! Like I said, the SR9C was my smallest gun, and i consider it still to be a small gun, but this thing is like half the size!

Comparison photos:

Keltec:

SR9c:

Both:

·
Former Hoadpiler
32,418 Posts
Whats the pull on the Kel-Tec? I shot one years ago and thought it was jammed because the trigger was so hard to pull.

·
Registered
644 Posts
I had the P32 but traded it for an LCP only because my department now requires a .380 or larger while carrying off duty.

I learned that witht he KT, you need to keep it lubed up. After about 50 rounds, I would get a jam or two, but I would put a little oil on it and it would run like a champ. Keep that in mind if you start to get problems.

I got a KT clip and put on my LCP and use it when I go running in the neighborhoods. but if I head to the trails, I usually carry something bigger for the mountain cats.

Enjoy it! I don't notice much difference between the KT's and the Rugers, just a smoother grip on the Rugers.

·
Banned
29,619 Posts
I have fired a friends kel tec it is very hard to hold onto with my short but fat hands. every Kel tec product I have shot several handguns and I own a 40 sw carbine and they all work well and are more than accurate enough for their purpose.

·
Registered
530 Posts
. I might not respect it & shoot myself. Not even kidding. I think I need to stick with a little bit bigger/heavier firearms. Maybe it would be good in a thigh holster or
I am the same way. I always thought the NAA mini revolvers were cool but I know I would wind up shooting my self.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Whats the pull on the Kel-Tec? I shot one years ago and thought it was jammed because the trigger was so hard to pull.
Its smooth and not very heavy, feels better than my DAO Sp101 did out of the box.....

I had several gun store guys try to interest me in ittybitty guns like that. I told them that I didn't think I trusted myself with such smallness. I might not respect it & shoot myself.

;)
Funny thing is, I showed the P-32 to my girlfriend and she said something similar. "It's like a toy....I wouldn't want to carry this, because I wouldnt take it seriously... if it was in my purse I feel like I'd just pull it out and shoot somebody...pew pew pew!"

1 - 8 of 8 Posts