Ruger Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've shot my MK IV once and already decided I didn't like the sights. All black sights work great for young eyes but I need a bit of help. So I order the "WILLIAMS FIRE SIGHT" I have Fiber Optic sights in my Sig P365 and a set on order for my P320 and love them. Already ask at the range what the smithing cost to install them was and with luck I can shoot with the new sights next week.:thumbsup:

Tandemkross is good. I ordered last night and the sights and the MK book will be here Monday. With the weekend at that. PLUS I didn't get soaked on shipping.

And I said I wasn't going the "Frank" the gun...so much for that.:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
13,950 Posts
Had to do the same............except the Vortex Venom is my choice.

·
Premium Member
1,223 Posts
And I said I wasn't going the "Frank" the gun...so much for that.:rolleyes:
That irresistible urge to make it better.....good for you Birdy, enjoy!

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Love fiber optic and Red Dot sights. Those fiber optic sights are easily done and you could probably handle it you're self. But a Gunsmith is always an excellent option.

·
Registered
5,189 Posts
OP, have you tried using a six o’clock hold? There’s a reason why traditional target sights are all black and it has nothing to do with frustrating those of us who are “experienced” in life.

The point of black target sights is that you don’t see them.

Adjust your sight height so that you get hits when you line up your sights on the very bottom of the target. Our brain and eyes are good at a couple of shooting things, and one is lining up a sight tangent with a point on a circle- i.e., target (the other is centering the front blade in the rear circle of aperture sights).

The sights are black for a reason- they black out anything that’s too low and you can see your target peek out above the sights. So, basically you don’t wanna see the sights.

·
Registered
531 Posts
OP, have you tried using a six o’clock hold? There’s a reason why traditional target sights are all black and it has nothing to do with frustrating those of us who are “experienced” in life.

The point of black target sights is that you don’t see them.

Adjust your sight height so that you get hits when you line up your sights on the very bottom of the target. Our brain and eyes are good at a couple of shooting things, and one is lining up a sight tangent with a point on a circle- i.e., target (the other is centering the front blade in the rear circle of aperture sights).

The sights are black for a reason- they black out anything that’s too low and you can see your target peek out above the sights. So, basically you don’t wanna see the sights.
DT,

Good points...never really thought of it that way!!:thumbsup:

Ted

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The only bad thing about that is all my other guns have "Combat Sights" you put the front sight dot on what you want to hit and line the two rear dots up with the front dot and BANG.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Had to do the same............except the Vortex Venom is my choice.
yeah me too...tried to convince myself I would like open sights but really didn't, not even a little bit. The Vortex venom is not intrusive. I've bought handguns before and put scopes on them then I would ask myself what did I do to my beautiful gun.No regrets with these new generation of small red dot glass !

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
I was told to learn the basic first, can't bet more basic than Iron Sights. I'm not excluding Going with a RedDot down the road but the best thing about Iron Sights is you never have to worry about a dead battery!

Hopefully the smith will have the Willam sight on tomorrow

·
Registered
53 Posts
I was told to learn the basic first, can't bet more basic than Iron Sights. I'm not excluding Going with a RedDot down the road but the best thing about Iron Sights is you never have to worry about a dead battery!

Hopefully the smith will have the Willam
i believe the battery in my red dot has about a 30,000 hour life span

·
Registered
227 Posts
yeah me too...tried to convince myself I would like open sights but really didn't, not even a little bit. The Vortex venom is not intrusive. I've bought handguns before and put scopes on them then I would ask myself what did I do to my beautiful gun.No regrets with these new generation of small red dot glass !
I was hesitant about the red dots initially.. more like didn't like them. lol I went with the venom and love it. I didn't think it was possible to get the first shot off any faster... I was wrong. lol Transitioning at longer distances is much easier too.

·
Registered
65 Posts
If they would only design a sight, (or something!), that would stop my Mk I from shaking, and fix my ailing eyesight, and would be interchangeable between firearms................ Even my old Marlin Model 80 shakes.

I'm still looking for one of those Wondersights.

Have a blessed day,

Leon

1 - 16 of 16 Posts