Ruger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
POSTED TO ANOTHER BOARD ALSO----NO PRIDE LEFT

I slipped a Simmons 4X on our new 10-22-22 last night and dragged it along this afternoon for a little tryout. First setup at about 15 feet just to get on paper which worked fine. Tweaked the knobs a bit and blew one big hole and started moving the target out. I was keeping busy loading mags and shooting some bigger stuff so the wife just kept on popping the .22. Problem was, that every mag change required resetting the scope,

Finally I decided to take over with it and when I took it in my hands the scope nearly fell off. When I said I slipped that scope on last night I guess that's all I did.

Shoots really nice now that it's tight and we had not one single hiccup or burp feeding from five different mags and two types of Federal ammo.

I'm thinking we've got to get back out there but right now I'm waiting for another scope to arrive. Could be an even dumber move.

·
Forum Founder
3,639 Posts
I put a Simmons variable Whitetail Hunter on mine. Its a lot of scope on a .22 but you don't have to go to the target to see the bullet holes.

·
Banned
700 Posts
twodogs, more folks have done exactly as you but may be less willing to share the incident.:) I know I have!:D

The "pre Meade Optics" Simmons have been my choice in scopes for my rimfires.
The Simmons "1022T" 3x9x32 AO(22 Mag Series)when owned by Blount INC was an outstanding value for around $100.00. Great scope!
That Whitetail Hunter is also a great value.

SD

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
How about a weaver mount and standard rings instead of tip-offs for a 1" scope? me and tip-offs never got along too well.

·
Banned
700 Posts
Yeah deputy, I agree!
The older (pre-2004) stock Ruger tip off rail was the weakest link in a 1022. Fortunately they replaced it.
I have Weaver mounts of one variety or another on all my 1022's. I like the Burris Sig "Z" with a Power Custom base. Years ago I used Redfield tip off's (steel)on a stock Ruger rail. The constant recoil caused a jag all the way down the rail. What a site!

SD

1 - 5 of 5 Posts