Ruger Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well while on a locate today in down town Kalispell just off Hwy 2, traffic backed up from stop light on the east bound side of the road.... all of a sudden sirens and I mean alot of them where heading our way. A local KPD officer was parked on the corner, had deployed spike strips across the the west bound side.... I was actually up a side street just a half block.... when all of a sudden, here comes this silver van thru the intersection, the spike strips did what they were intended for.... but the driver tried without succeding in truning away from the spike strips.

Unfortunetly he collided with a eastbound vehicle head on and glanced off another... now you would think that Homer would realize, "Hey these Montana cops aint dummies after all" instead bales out of the passenger side and takes off... I took cover behind my truck. Homer only got about a block as he was tazed down, and then cuffed and stuffed, and now is in the county cross bar hotel.

Seem's Homer was wanted back in Ohio to face counterfiting and other felonies that he was running from.

Here is the pic I took just after things cleared up a bit.

·
Registered
3,587 Posts
Wow! You might be on an episode of "Cops" sometime! Glad nothing happened to you. You never know.

·
Registered
132 Posts
These high speed chases always crack me up. Maybe one moron in a thousand actually ever gets away...don't these clowns watch COPS?

Screw the spike strips...The police need unmanned drones equipped with laser guided missiles to take these jerks out before they injure people.

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This Apache Longbow armed with 16 Hellfire missiles, eight under each wing with a center mini gun would work real well.

·
Registered
3,241 Posts
JB,
Good stuff, thanks for including us in the excitement.

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
Nothing like being in the right place at the right time! Chases are a scary thing. The truth is, I think most cops secretly like them as long as nobody gets hurt. It sure helps hone your driving skills. I was always wired for hours after a chase and mad as Hell at the idiot for running. (But I was smiling inside because we caught the dumb sob)

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
rman I do miss the chases at those fast speeds on the open highway... dang 120 mph plus makes the miles just click away like fence post.... we went how far you say?

Love the comments... oh you were behind me officer.... yep I got my pilots license too.

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
Yup JB- time and miles fly when you're having fun. Most of mine weren't high speed highway chases though. Most were 3 a.m. in the city, down alleys, thru yards and you name it. It was usually business burglars, auto thieves and drug dealers. I was always amazed the lengths people would go to, to try getting away. I guess times haven't changed - looks like the same old thing goes on on COPS every night!

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
I generally can't catch them in my pickup unless they decide to take the county roads then they are in a lot of trouble if they don't know them. They can't outrun the radio and DPS on the hardtop.

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
quote:Originally posted by JB

Officers could see he was holding something in his waistband, and just before they caught up to him in the southwestern corner of the parking lot near Third Avenue East North, Wilson dropped a holstered 9mm Ruger P95
Just goes to show you that the BGs don't all carry RGs and Ravens any more!

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
Wonder where he stole the p95 from.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts