Ruger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm just not an AR Guy, I generally prefer wood & steel; thus my primary rifle in 5.56 is a Mini-14 and my .30cal's are Garand's ...

That said, I've been toying with a 9mm carbine and the one's I want (HK94 clones) are hard to justify based on the cost, which brings me to the Anderson Multi-cal, stripped lowers I saw at a local store this morning for $50...

Has anyone done a build on one of these ?? In particular, a 9mm rifle ??

Thanks in advance
SSSSteve

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
I've built two AR's on Anderson lowers, they work great. Your real challenge will be the upper. Palmetto makes a few variations of complete AR-9 uppers, they also sell the upper components individually as well.

If you want an inexpensive 9mm carbine, have a look at the Hi-Point. It's kinda fugly but they have a high customer satisfaction rating.

·
Righteous Dude
21,694 Posts
I have built 4 on Anderson lowers and have more waiting... They're good to go.

There is essentially two ways to go: a standard AR lower with a mag block adapter or a lower made for specific 9mm mags (generally Colt SMG mags or Glock mags).

I built one using a PSA/NFA (Palmetto State Armory/New Frontier Arms) Glock lower. They're very affordable and use standard Glock mags. PSA also has block adapters and kits to easily build a 9mm AR using SMG mags.

You also have makers such as Quarter Circle 10 who makes the Glock and SMG specific lowers (no adapter). These stripped lowers are usually $250+.

·
Banned
3,167 Posts
Pretty hard to screw up a forged lower. AR's are AR's.

Every Anderson I've ever seen was a Cerro forging. I've built over a hundred AR's on Cerro's; for forged receivers, they're as good as any.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I have used 4 stripped Anderson lowers without issue.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts