Ruger Forum banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
@ScottMn has provided a photo of the holster I would recommend (post #8). The holster has an elasticizes nylon sleeve that fits the leg comfortably and does not wobble like some strap mounted holsters. I have one for my LCP II, which is the gun I would recommend because in a church or similar situation you target will likely be close enough to you that you would not need a longer barrel. 380 ACP will get the job done, especially if you use the right ammo, 380 JHP will not expand out of a short barrel. Many use FNJ. I use Underwood Extreme Defender. I does JHP type damage without expansion. All my holsters for my.4 Rugers are DeSantis holsters. They are all made and reasonably priced.

·
Registered
760 Posts
LCP or S&W Bodyguard .380 are the only ones I would consider ankle carrying- or maybe a NAA Derringer in 22wmr.

I usually pocket carry a Bodyguard .380 in a crossfire honeycomb holster. I use the same holster for my LCPII in .22 and once with my P238, but that one is a little larger frame, so not as concealable in the pocket.

·
Registered
5,689 Posts
Good evening all. With the summer months and warm weather, I don’t typically wear a sport coat to church. I’d appreciate any feedback on who ankle carry’s and what pistol/holster is most comfortable and concealable.
Initial thought is the LCP or LCP2. I’ve also seen some suggestions for a Taurus 738 TCP.
Thank you in advance for any perspectives you can provide.
About the only time I ever CC in an ankle holster is at church...
And then it's just a S&W 360J in a leather ankle holster...and it's just a BUG!
I used to be a big 'shirt-tucked-in' guy...but nowadays, I just let it slide over the OWB holster.
Even though I'm on the security team, we have a 'keep it covered' approach...so as not to deliberately 'offend'.

Reactions: mark40 and 28Decoys

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
LCP or S&W Bodyguard .380 are the only ones I would consider ankle carrying- or maybe a NAA Derringer in 22wmr.

I usually pocket carry a Bodyguard .380 in a crossfire honeycomb holster. I use the same holster for my LCPII in .22 and once with my P238, but that one is a little larger frame, so not as concealable in the pocket.
Thanks Cranky....how do you like the Bodygaurd 380?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Don't know if you've ever worn an Ankle Holster before, but for me, it was the MOST UNCOMFORTABLE carry position I have ever used. And having worked for over 31 yrs in LE, I went to either OSB, shoulder holster or small of the back holsters. But each to his own so you may consider trying one out on your ankle before spending big bucks for something you won't use or dislike.

·
Registered
12 Posts
YOu might want to consider buying a Pharmacy Blazer or Counter Coat. They are cheap. Come in a variety of colors. Really light weight for summer?
Good evening all. With the summer months and warm weather, I don’t typically wear a sport coat to church. I’d appreciate any feedback on who ankle carry’s and what pistol/holster is most comfortable and concealable.

Initial thought is the LCP or LCP2. I’ve also seen some suggestions for a Taurus 738 TCP.

Wear a Pharmacy Blazer

·
Registered
12 Posts
Pharmacy Blazer is around $19.00. it's what I wear in summer months. you can also buy a white one and dye it any color you want?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Since most of the time one is sitting at a church service, ankle carry is more practical. I carry a Kel-Tec PF-9. 9MM power with a very light gun but it is not a fun gun to shoot alot.
I have a Kel-Tec P11 for EDC. I'd rather pay taxes than shoot it because of its wicked recoil.

·
Registered
2 Posts

I have a Kel-Tec P11 for EDC. I'd rather pay taxes than shoot it because of its wicked recoil.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a Triple K model # 176 for my LCP. It is for the left ankle/right hand draw. It is reasonably priced with snap top, fully padded with full leather. It’s held in place with very durable Velcro. I wear this holster every time I Ieave the house. It is as well made as any I have worn, period.
One thing you have to do is make sure you clean and re-oil the left frame rail. With the moisture put out by your ankle, you will experience corrosion and even pitting if gone unchecked for too long. Ask me how I know.
With an ankle holster, you must practice drawing, unloaded of course. Do so seated and standing. When practicing, keep your eyes up as if you are monitoring a terrorist who just entered your worship service and is spraying ammo all over. Run the scenario over in your head multiple ways. Always sit on the isle seat so you can get off a safe shot. If you sit in the back row you will have a better chance of survival so you can intervene. The active shooter most likely will have tunnel vision and will miss the first couple rows before actually shooting.
Always consult with the security team at church so other team members and LEOs know who you are.

·
Registered
6 Posts

I tried ankle carry, bad idea for many reasons . Get a Sticky holster and put it in your right from pocket . Biggest problem was it kept slipping down and hard to get to

·
Registered
40 Posts
I'm a retired LEO and have been carrying concealed for over 30 years. I'd like to discourage you from choosing an ankle holster. To access it, you will put yourself in an extremely compromised position. I'm an associate pastor these days and head our church security program. Most of my church security team have CCWs. I would recommend a short sleeve button down cover shirt that goes with your slacks, and then practice draw techniques involving lifting the strong side of your cover shirt.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Ankle carry is wonderful.....until, you NEED the weapon quickly or surreptitiously.
I would opine that it is ill advised for a secondary weapon, and idiotic for the primary.
As usual, YMMV.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I'm a retired LEO and have been carrying concealed for over 30 years. I'd like to discourage you from choosing an ankle holster. To access it, you will put yourself in an extremely compromised position. I'm an associate pastor these days and head our church security program. Most of my church security team have CCWs. I would recommend a short sleeve button down cover shirt that goes with your slacks, and then practice draw techniques involving lifting the strong side of your cover shirt.
Agree

·
Registered
12 Posts
I

If you shoot somebody with a .22 your really going to piss them off - just saying 🤔🧐🤐

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
I

If you shoot somebody with a .22 your really going to piss them off - just saying 🤔🧐🤐
.22 WMR is not .22LR; you will do more than make them unhappy. Personally, I prefer .380 or above, but everyone has to determine the cost vs the benefit for themselves.

21 - 39 of 39 Posts