Ruger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
finder of holes
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As I was waiting for my range turn this guy and his 2 buddies show up. These guys fit modernly as douche bags and classically as squirrels. The main guy was armed to the teeth and one of his buddies carried openly his decked out shotgun and kept playing with the action. Well i get called to my lane and low and behold they get called and we get lanes right next to each other. :rolleyes:

The guy brought all these "cool guy" weapons; Decked out AR15's, s&w 500 revolver, FN FS2000(that he couldn't get to work), Steyr Aug, and some sorta mall ninja shotgun sporting a monster suppressor. -okay I admit it I'm a bit jealous :p

Well these guys were being loud, obnoxious, and shooting these weapons as fast as they could. They'd take turns emptying magazines out of the AR's, FN, even shooting the damn 500 and Shotgun as fast as they could. When they'd run out they'd shout to a buddy saying "FILL ME ANOTHER CLIP!!" They kept saying "clip" over and over again. I wanted to punch them. It was no rhyme or reason for aiming just shoot and shoot and shoot and shoot some more. I hardly could concentrate. Worst day at the range ever...

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Where was the range officer? You'd get bounced at my range for that. We do have areas were you can go shoot by yourself in your own alley. But they still don't like you acting like Rambo. But this is a privite range. Our county range you're gone no if ands or buts. Can't stand people like that.

·
Registered
5,504 Posts
People like that not only are obnoxious... they scare the hell out of me.

One day there were some yayhoos that showed up with a truckfull of heavy firepower and as soon as I saw their jackass behavior I packed up and got far, far away from there.

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
So what your saying is just because you don't like the looks of them, the type of guns they had, or how they were shooting them that they shouldn't have the same rights as you?
If they were having fun and not voilating any of the rules at that range then its seems that you were the only one with a problem.

·
Registered
68 Posts
This past summer, I took my wife to the range to shoot her .22. Out of 25 lanes, 2 were occupied. A guy I'll cal Mac, because he was a tool, showed up and picked the lane immediately to our left, and proceded to mag-dump after mag-dump with an MP5 type gun. He then came over to ask for his brass back.
I hate rude people.

·
finder of holes
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So what your saying is just because you don't like the looks of them, the type of guns they had, or how they were shooting them that they shouldn't have the same rights as you?
If they were having fun and not voilating any of the rules at that range then its seems that you were the only one with a problem.
I would say they were borderline within the range rules. Unskilled wannabe Rambo's are the most dangerous people you can shoot around so I guess ya I did have the problem.

·
finder of holes
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
People like that not only are obnoxious... they scare the hell out of me.

One day there were some yayhoos that showed up with a truckfull of heavy firepower and as soon as I saw their jackass behavior I packed up and got far, far away from there.
Yeah I probably should have left. Though they were within(borderline) the range rules I'm thinking they didn't get called out on it because the place was packed - lobby, range area, waiting area, etc. with a 45 minute wait.

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
sorry to hear a poor time when should be good time. if life was fair next time it should be bikini models beside you asking to be shown how...:D

·
Registered
5,504 Posts
I would say they were borderline within the range rules. Unskilled wannabe Rambo's are the most dangerous people you can shoot around so I guess ya I did have the problem.
They would be way over the borderline for getting tossed at all of the ranges I know of. Fast shooting in unskilled hands easily becomes wild shooting when they can't keep the gun on target.

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
sorry to hear a poor time when should be good time. if life was fair next time it should be bikini models beside you asking to be shown how...:D
Absolutely.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Did you contact the RSO?

·
finder of holes
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
They would be way over the borderline for getting tossed at all of the ranges I know of. Fast shooting in unskilled hands easily becomes wild shooting when they can't keep the gun on target.
The range I was at was an indoor one that's very laxed. They don't even give warning or shut the range down when people rent there 50 BMG to shoot. About blows the pants off you when your next to them :D. Other ranges I go to don't allow rapid rifle fire which after seeing guys like these I understand.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
I usually have to wade though a sea of brass to get to my lane at the hot, smokey, smelly, claustrophobic range I go to, then proceed to get startled by everyone else rapidly firing their hand cannons which always seem to be much bigger then whatever I'm shooting, then occasionally get pelted in the head by their semi-auto casings. :rolleyes:

Other then that, I haven't had any issues. :rolleyes:

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
Only thing I worry about at the range are safety issues.
I usually try and position myself away from the hand cannons.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Glad I have a private range on my property...
Then again, If you use the word clip I refuse to let you annoy me

·
Registered
6,450 Posts
Douche-bags like that scare the hell out of me. I try to avoid unsupervised outdoor public ranges for several reasons, but that behavior is one of the reasons.

1 - 20 of 79 Posts