Ruger Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's that time of year to take our Annual Dementia Test.

Exercise of the brain is as important as exercise of the muscles. As we grow older, it's important to keep mentally alert. If you don't use it, you lose it! Below is a very private way to gauge your loss or non-loss of intelligence.

Take the test presented here to determine if you're losing it or not. The spaces below are so you don't see the answers until you've made your answer.

OK, relax, clear your mind and beg in.

1. What do you put in a toaster?

Answer: "bread." If you said "toast", give up now and do something else. Try not to hurt yourself. Pop another can of Ensure and a shot of Geritol. If you said, "bread", go to Question 2.

2. Say "silk" five times. Now spell "silk." What do cows drink?

Answer: Cows drink water. If you said "milk", don't attempt the next question. Your brain is over-stressed and you might start drooling. Content yourself with reading more appropriate literature such as "Green Eggs and Ham", Sam I'm Am. However, if you said "water", proceed to question 3.

3. If a red house is made from red bricks and a blue house is made from blue bricks and a pink house is made from pink bricks and a black house is made from black bricks, what is a green house made from?

Answer: Greenhouses are made from glass. If you said "green bricks", why are you still reading these??? I'm pretty sure it's past your nap time! If you said "glass", go on to Question 4.

4. It's twenty years ago, and a plane is flying at 20,000 feet over Germany (If you will recall, Germany at the time was politically divided into West Germany and East Germany). Anyway, during the flight, TWO engines fail. The pilot, realizing that the last remaining engine is also failing, decides on a crash landing procedure. Unfortunately the engine fails before he can do so and the plane fatally crashes smack in the middle of "no man's land" between East Germany and West Germany. Where would you bury the survivors? East Germany, West Germany, or "no man's land"?

Answer: You don't bury survivors. If you said ANYTHING else, you are demented and you must stop. Your dog Rover didn't run away, you buried him some place, no more gardening for you. If you said, "You don't bury survivors" proceed to the next question.

5. Without using a calculator - You are driving a bus from London to Milford Haven in Wales. In London, 17 people get on the bus; In Reading, six people get off the bus and nine people get on. In Swindon, two people get off and four get on. In Cardiff, 11 people get off and 16 people get on. In Swansea, three people get off and five people get on. In Carmathen, six people get off and three get on. You then arrive at Milford Haven. What was the name of the bus driver?

Answer: Oh, for crying out loud! Don't you remember your own name? It was YOU!! If your name was Bob at the beginning of this question, it still is Bob! Now try the next one.

6. Spot... Spot... Spot S P O T what do you do when you come to a green light?

Stop was not the right thing to do at a GREEN light. I'm afraid you'll need to give me the car keys please. If you said "go", continue to the next question.

7. Joke... Joke... Joke J O K E what is the white of the egg called?

Did you say YOLK? I'll be keeping the car keys. We'll test you later to see if you qualify for a 3 wheeled scooter. Oh yeah, it's probably time to change your diaper too! If you said egg whites you're good to drive for another year. But I'll be watching you. [}:)]:D

·
Registered
758 Posts
These are a lot easier when you start out knowing they are trick questions. You just look for the trick.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Snarski, when I got it this morning from an old buddy of mine, I flunked right on toaster. :D

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
That was a hard test blade! I'll be ready for the next one though, Im gonna' start studying right now! Or maybe tomorrow or the next day.:)

·
Registered
842 Posts
I aint taking any tests like that at this time. Just because I put a pack of lunch meat on a shelf under the sink and the lettuce in the freezer last night, my wife has been watching me all day and citing other small lapses she claims I've had lately. Dang women are always making a big deal out of a small slip anyone could make.:(
Baker

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Mine started doing that 21 years ago...it ain't our age, it's their programming...

·
Registered
156 Posts
quote:Originally posted by btrumanj

I aint taking any tests like that at this time. Just because I put a pack of lunch meat on a shelf under the sink and the lettuce in the freezer last night, my wife has been watching me all day and citing other small lapses she claims I've had lately. Dang women are always making a big deal out of a small slip anyone could make.:(
Baker

At least your groceries make it into the house. I usually forget where I've been by the time I get home, and the groceries end up staying in the bed of my truck. By the way, a gallon of milk left in the sun for a day may LOOK like cottage cheese, but it sure don't taste like it...

Peace and God bless, Dog Breath, er, Cat's Ass, er, I mean Wolfsong.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
quote:Originally posted by wolfsong
By the way, a gallon of milk left in the sun for a day may LOOK like cottage cheese, but it sure don't taste like it...
Oh, my... Have you really tried it?! :) I did once. It's awful, isn't it? Mom said at that time - this pasteurized milk you buy can't produce cottage cheese unless you put in a special milk-bacteria culture. She had it; she made a really good cottage cheese with it. The wifie can't do that.

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
I need to take another vacation!!!

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
lol prety good blade I think we all failed lol

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Snuffy, Deputy: I've tried my whole family first. Even razor-sharp smart children failed some of them. 15 yo flunked on the bus, and 8 yo - on survivors. What a shame! :D

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Now I don't feel so bad about putting the milk in the cabinent, the empty glass in the fridge & the cat in the goldfish bowl!:D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts