Ruger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gentlemen, really need your help!

Before going to the range with EddieF, I've cleaned up tonight my P95DPR, and somehow stepped on a pretty similar mine to this one:
http://www.rugerforum.net/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=470

During re-assemble my barrel and rod both got stuck in recoil position, and slide jammed - can't field strip. Spent a few hours trying to fix it, by lowering ejector managed to move slide half-way forward and got stuck again. Something else is blocking further move.

Before I call Ruger tomorrow may someone have any idea? That will be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
5,004 Posts
Sounds like you have the guide rod un-centered, which prevents clearing the forward frame rails. This happened to me once. The way I solved my "panic" was pulling back on the slide, to relieve some of the recoil spring tension and centering the guide rod, from the muzzel end, using pliers, to the correct orientation...

Now I double check the guide rod position before I re-assemble the gun, as it needs to be perfectly centered on the cam block...

I hope this helps...

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Slather the innards with RemOil or White Lithium or dry teflon spray...reduce the galling and then try tapping...small impacts...with a rubber hammer handle...may free it...

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
RNettles, Sheepdog - thank you! Unfortunately all local gunsmithies are non-working on Sundays. So, I will try myself what you’re proposing. Will keep you updated.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Update: Thanks a lot guys, I've been able to unjam in a minute or so just by cranking guide rod for a bit. :) Let me express again - I just love this place and people around. :D

I'm wondering - is Ruger consider this issue as a know design flaw or accidental occurrence?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts