Ruger Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes, I went ahead and got another one - I have a serious Beretta purchasing problem :)

This one came with factory night sights and a 3rd magazine

Someone is sending me a steel trigger, and I will likely buy an Elite II hammer for it. I already installed a D spring in it. I also ordered a Xgrip to use fullsize grips in the compact...

·
Life is good
4,866 Posts
Congratulations! That is sweet especially with night sights.

·
Registered
17,199 Posts
That's nice!

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks.

Once I get some new grips in for my Wilson Brigadier, I'll have a new "Beretta Wheel" photo up next weekend :)

·
Registered
5,246 Posts
I like it. I don't see any problem here. More = better!
+1 As long as the money holds out, you can get ammo, and the wife doesn't throw you out of the house. And even that isn't too bad if she lets you take the guns and ammo! :D:D

Congrats. Nice pistol.

·
Banned
9,381 Posts
Very nice Shipwreck. I always wanted a 92 compact,, and If I ran across one set up like that,, Id probably bite.

·
Registered
3,785 Posts
I like the compacts as well. They fit my hand a smidge better than the full size version. That being said my most recent "B-retta" is a M9A1. I haven't even shot it yet!

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I just loved the way it looks - the M9A1 models (either fullsize or compact) are some of the best looking Beretta pistols, IMHO.

I've owned non railed compacts in the past - now I usually stick with fullsize models. But, I was looking for 1 more Beretta to add to the wheel. Loved the appearance of this one. They initially only came out in Inox, but once they released them in black, I knew I had to get one eventually.

·
Registered
673 Posts
Yes, I went ahead and got another one - I have a serious Beretta purchasing problem :)

This one came with factory night sights and a 3rd magazine

Someone is sending me a steel trigger, and I will likely buy an Elite II hammer for it. I already installed a D spring in it. I also ordered a Xgrip to use fullsize grips in the compact...

Wait a second. This thread feels like de-ja vu...

·
Registered
3,290 Posts
Nice looking gun...I have a 92FS in Inox and it is a great pistol...enjoy!

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
OK - FINALLY finished doing some customizing. Gun looks fantastic now :)

What do ya think?

- Wilson Fluted guiderod
- Steel Trigger
- Elite II Hammer
- Enlarged Mag Release
- D Spring
- Wilson VZ Compact Grips

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ok - just got back from shooting 200 rounds thru this gun. Shot some runds all in DA, 1 handed and 2 handed. 7 and 15 yards.

Damn, I like this gun. Put many rounds thru 1 hole at 7 yards many times.

I really like the grips. I didn't like the Wilson grips on my fullsize WIlson Brigadier. I just changed them out and sold them to buy these for the compact. Hogue grips for the Beretta 92 compacts are fatter than they are for the fullsize. But man - the Wilson VZ grips for the compact are nice. These particular ones seem a bit more aggressive in the texture than the ones that came with the Brigadier Tactical.

Nice gun! I was the only one shooting something besides a Glock there at the range too.

Anyway - happy with the purchase! And, seeing as this is my 27th Beretta 92 variant, it's not like I didn't know what I was getting :p

1 - 17 of 17 Posts