Ruger Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I found this 1998 model U.S. built 96 with straight dust cover at a local pawn shop & brought it home today. It's one of the early model .40 calibers manufactured before Beretta changed over to the slanted dust covers & is in nice condition. It has '01 Trijicon night sights that could use a good relamp, one 11 round LEO mag, & appears to have a low round count. The shop owner let me take it out behind the shop & try it out before I bought it, which was a deal maker. :)

·
Registered
185 Posts
Beautiful. And great to have a LGS with a range out back!

I have the same problem, except Walthers follow me home, far too often!

·
Registered
16,955 Posts
Nice snag. I have the exact same one, except it still has the stock sights.

·
Registered
633 Posts
I just held a Beretta 92 for the first time since '04. If fit me like a glove. I closed my eyes and snapped the pistol on target, then opened my eyes. The sights were perfectly aligned.

My Glock 35 is going up for sale.

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
I found this 1998 model U.S. built 96 with straight dust cover. The shop owner let me take it out behind the shop & try it out before I bought it, which was a deal maker. :)
Nice score, looks in good nick.

·
Registered
130 Posts
First gun I ever owned was the 96, in 1993. Mine is a centurion, bought new back then. I love it, and my recent acquisition of .40 reloading dies has rekindled my relationship with what I still think is one of the sexiest auto pistols ever made. Fine weapon, accurate and reliable.

·
Republican!!!
11,412 Posts
Beautiful gun, but then it IS a Beretta, so I guess that's being redundant. I've got an INOX 96fs I bought new last year. It shoots as nice as my 92fs and really tames that .40 cal. Enjoy!

·
Registered
177 Posts
Very nice find...soft spot for the old Beretta.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts