Ruger Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's been quite a while but I decided to log on the the Cabela's website this morning. Imagine my surprise when 'it' informed me there was no record of my email or account..!!

So I contacted Cabela's 'chat line' and was informed that they no longer sell or ship goods to any European Union member country. So, adding a little humour to the 'chat', I told him I would try again on Saturday as Britain officially leaves the EU as of 23.00hrs tomorrow night. I'm not sure he saw the funny side.

I guess this will also apply to Bass Pro Shops too. Oh well, at least I can order from Brownells UK.:)

·
Corps Commander NGV
5,040 Posts
Sorry for your lack of options. We feel it stateside too. I hope that the exit from the EU offers many positive benefits for the UK.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry for your lack of options. We feel it stateside too. I hope that the exit from the EU offers many positive benefits for the UK.
Personally I think it's the best prospect for GB. It's certainly what I voted for.

NOTE: Hey.. I've been promoted..!! Hmm, drinks in the Sgt's Mess tonight:)

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
Cabelas has been going downhill since Bass Pro acquired them. My wishlist on Cabelas site shrinks on a weekly basis with regularly stocked items just disappearing and what they do have is almost never on sale anymore.

·
Premium Member
14,132 Posts
You are not missing anything actually. Cabelas firearms and and reloading section has dramatically gone downhill. Ever since Bass Pro bought them they have taken a turn for the worse. I miss the old Cabelas and did thousands in business with them but no where near as much today.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I used to live right next to a Cabelas, and loved popping in to check out the bargain cave. Would usually find something awesome for clearance price, and really enjoyed buying the discounted open package returns on buck knives, and leupold flip caps.

The selection throughout the store was always awesome, excellent deals could be had pretty regularly, customer service was top notch, and the only thing that ever left me unsatisfied was their used gun prices.

Now, I moved, so the closest one is a couple hours away, and I barely miss it. No more bargain cave, no more good sales, Cabela's clothing seems to be of lower quality. Still plenty of good stuff there, but due to decreased selection and prices, its no longer my one and only stop.

At least they haven't cleared out half their floorspace to sell campers like another place I used to like.

·
Registered
4,561 Posts
I used to live right next to a Cabelas, and loved popping in to check out the bargain cave. Would usually find something awesome for clearance price, and really enjoyed buying the discounted open package returns on buck knives, and leupold flip caps.

The selection throughout the store was always awesome, excellent deals could be had pretty regularly, customer service was top notch, and the only thing that ever left me unsatisfied was their used gun prices.

Now, I moved, so the closest one is a couple hours away, and I barely miss it. No more bargain cave, no more good sales, Cabela's clothing seems to be of lower quality. Still plenty of good stuff there, but due to decreased selection and prices, its no longer my one and only stop.

At least they haven't cleared out half their floorspace to sell campers like another place I used to like.
the other place has substantially lowered their used firearm prices since they filled space with a world of campers (at least true of the one near me)

·
Registered
35 Posts
I totally agree with Cabelas going down hill since the Bass Pro acquisition. Not too many years ago I had a black Signature Cabelas card, then post sale I found the Cabelas hunting clothing line which I really liked their quality started disappearing and soon I received the mid level card as my purchases started declining. Just recently they sent me the Classic card, clear message that my purchase volume dropped off significantly.

While I am sure BPS is a great fishing store they have turned Cabelas into a sub par sporting goods store full of Redfield clothes ( cheap Walmart quality ). Their store so they choose their own destiny but man I miss the Cabelas back when the two brothers owned it before going public!

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Congratulation on finally getting BREXIT through. I hope Boris Johnson is on the mend after his bout with Covid, not good.

Seems like a lot of these places have gone the safe PC rout. As some of these company's turn PC, hopefully there's a new one to take it's place in the rotation.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yep, according to the Brady Act, even if you're delayed by the NCIS, the FFL seller can sell you the weapon after a e full business day wait...but NOT at Cabela's!!! You have to see if there is an approval in that 3 days and, if not, wait 30 days to fill out another 4473 for the same gun! Will never darken their door again!

·
Registered
113 Posts
.....So I contacted Cabela's 'chat line' and was informed that they no longer sell or ship goods to any European Union member country....
I guess this will also apply to Bass Pro Shops too. Oh well, at least I can order from Brownells UK.:)
Many USA businesses STOPPED doing business in the EU because of the Data Security laws.
All sizes of businesses did this because of the onerous liabilities the law placed on businesses that dealt with people in the EU. For many businesses, the cost of extra personnel, reporting, etc. was more than the amount of business they did in the EU. As more businesses deal with this new law, more USA businesses drop the EU market.

Hopefully, that part of EU law will be dropped by the UK when they leave but, from what I have read in the USA news media, much of EU law will be retained in the UK.

·
Registered
206 Posts
They closed the Cabelas near here, Sign said visit our Bass Pro shop etc about two miles away. poorly stocked, blamed it on the Virus and mfg shutting down. Isles are tight and crowded with too too many shorts and other things so much so that people have to back up and go around and the store was not crowded. So you can buy shirts and shorts, and some little bit of ammo. Butthe stoes is not the caliber or stocked as well nor the prices ass good as the old Cableas..Aand..Bass Pro dropped their Military, Police etc discoutnt from 10% to 5% same as Cabelas sicne they nwo owned the compettion. Right around the time Bss Pro and Cableas "merged". a team from Bass Pro was scouting the local Sportsmans Warehouse. I just happend to be there. Bss Pro can'tsurvive if all the stores are like this now nor Sportsmans Warehouse. I suppose sicne they are essentially the only gme in town, so to speak they are banking on it. Academy has better selection in some guns and ammo andbetter pricign but the aisles are too tight with too many middle of the aisle intersection displays and people having to dodge and back up. It is hurting their business big tiem. however if you want clothes they have scads of cheap ill fitting Chinese, American brands. I do not go to the store for clothes excpt whn wife throws awy my perfectly good t shirts from the 1970s and even before Nam! i go for guns aand ammo and reloading equipment ,and such.All three should change their names to we are clothes...with some shooting fishign and hunting supplies over in the rear.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts