Ruger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I would fear it's too light, and proprietary parts to boot. Not the commonality AR 15s share. Need a part? Send it to Ruger.
Great looking piece however.
Good points, I think that beefy muzzle break and the 3 option gas port will help. They didn’t seem to be getting walloped in the vid, idk about how many proprietary parts they are using. He says in the video that triggers, grips, stocks, charging handles and accessories are all interchangeable with mil spec ar- 15 platforms.

·
Registered
737 Posts
once again the Ruger CEOs seem to be pulling names from a hat. not sure where they came up with SFAR. unless they wanted something clever like the SCAR. but why not call it what it is, the AR-762?

while we're on this subject, and no one has posted about it yet, the new LC Carbine erks me a little also. what was wrong with 57 Carbine? to go with the 57 Pistol?

sorry, I'm just one of those people who use logic to try and make sense out of this crazy world.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
once again the Ruger CEOs seem to be pulling names from a hat. not sure where they came up with SFAR. unless they wanted something clever like the SCAR. but why not call it what it is, the AR-762?

while we're on this subject, and no one has posted about it yet, the new LC Carbine erks me a little also. what was wrong with 57 Carbine? to go with the 57 Pistol?

sorry, I'm just one of those people who use logic to try and make sense out of this crazy world.
So SFAR stands for “small frame auto-loading rifle”
And LC stands for “light and compact”
That’s according to rugers videos, not saying they are great names just lettin you know where they come from.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Sorry, I am too old fashioned, or nostalgic if you wish, but my choice of a semi-auto .308 has to be an M1A or an FN-FAL.
I have an m1 as well, love it dearly, but I have to be honest I love the ergos/weight and ease of maintenance the ar platform offers, it’s nice we have so many options for everybody! (Sort of, depending on state of residence)

·
Registered
594 Posts
Just watched the Ruger Tech Tip disassembly video. Adjustable gas block will help control recoil forces. Looks pretty slick.

I hope it runs.

Bepe

·
Registered
348 Posts
I have an m1 as well, love it dearly, but I have to be honest I love the ergos/weight and ease of maintenance the ar platform offers, it’s nice we have so many options for everybody! (Sort of, depending on state of residence)
Sorry, I forgot the great M1, it was an oversight. Thanks for reminding me. Actually I didn't forget it, I was just thinking about my favorite 308's, and forgot about my favorite 30-06.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Looks cool, but I wish they'd put more effort in to pumping out some more Marlins instead. I like AR's and have a couple, but the market is pretty saturated with them already. I realize this is slightly different and they think there's a niche there for that, but still.
Like the 1895 SBL. I fell in love with that rifle when I saw it on "Wind River". Currently it is way overpriced, and unavailable where I live.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts