Ruger Forum banner
41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,645 Posts
Sorry, I am too old fashioned, or nostalgic if you wish, but my choice of a semi-auto .308 has to be an M1A or an FN-FAL.
Me too but the AR-15 entered service only about 5 years behind the M14 and only 10 years behind the FN-FAL. So, technically you're correct, the AR-15 is the baby of the bunch but not by much and it's old enough (60 years and counting) to have a little nostalgia of it's own. It also started out as a 308 too.

·
Registered
4 Posts
While it looks like a winner and is interesting, I'd be hesitant of investing any time or money towards AR development in todays climate.

Stroke of a pen......and they are gone.

The company that has other eggs in the basket will be ahead of the game. I would rather have seen a return of the .44 Mag Carbine. Wood stock....no plastic.

Bepe
I am the same, I want a semi auto 44 mag, You would think someone else would have made one. And in the wooden stock, no problems with states, I like the look and of the wood stock instead of the tactical, but understand the advantages of lightweight materials

·
Registered
43 Posts
While it looks like a winner and is interesting, I'd be hesitant of investing any time or money towards AR development in todays climate.

Stroke of a pen......and they are gone.

The company that has other eggs in the basket will be ahead of the game. I would rather have seen a return of the .44 Mag Carbine. Wood stock....no plastic.

Bepe
Yep, I'd love to see the .44 Mag Carbine with wood stock come back. Also one in 357 Mag. I guess you could say I'm a classic Ruger fan. I'll be buying up some of their old offerings, and there's a lot to choose from. The new Minis and 10/22s are nice. Things like that are my preference.

Reactions: Bepe

·
Registered
11 Posts
Soon to be a new Ruger Sfar 20in barrel owner....for what you get I think it is priced in the "affordable" ball park...as compared to other AR10's...( wasn't the SR762 up near $2000.00), lately I have become a big .308 7.62 fan boy...I also have the M1A, can't beat the classic rifle look!!! but I do like the custom-ability of the "AR" platform and besides I'm also a RUGER fanboy as well....guns and ammo stay thirsty my friends!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ruger® SFAR™ Autoloading Rifle Models

Looks like Ruger is dropping another rifle, honestly I love the idea of a lightweight AR-10 style rifle, looks really cool, what do you guys think?
when Ruger dropped the precision rifle off the production platform to the shooting society it changed the game. To test yourself and compete at long range was an expensive custom built rifle became open to every sniper minded shooter on planet. That was a game changer. Now every gunmaker has developed their own version of a precision rifle, still none better than the first. Same goes for the scout rifle. And now for the “ black rifle gang” Ruger has done it again. The new SFAR 308 is the next evolution of the American Sporting rifle. The New big dog on the block. A 308 that is on an AR 15 platform that weighs only 6.8 lbs, target trigger, threadEd barrel, adjustable gas block And std 308 magpul magazine. And again only 6.8 lbs, another Ruger rifle to lead the lead throwing world into another new direction. this is going to be a game changer, again. With Ruger the motto should be “if you are not the lead dog on the sled the scenery never changes”

·
Registered
257 Posts
Owning a much-modified DSA StG58A FAL, I don't see any reason for me to rush out and buy the new Ruger item.

I'm certain that there are many folks not in my position that will differ, and more power to them.

41 - 47 of 47 Posts