Ruger Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thank you for the kind welcome. I've been around Ruger for a long time. When I lived in New England a friend of mine worked very closely with Ruger. I guess you would call him a consultant today but I think he spent a lot more time and effort than that. He answered all mail coming from customers, completely handled any and all recalls, created promotional work, did all of their printing and had some influence on things that Bill didn't handle himself. (There weren't too many of those!)

I went to Southport with my friend several times and got to know Bill Ruger, Ed Nolen and many others that this old mind doesn't bring up so easily. Bill promised to show me the car he built but he never did. It was a great group back then and I always looked forward to going there.

I have an A Ruger AR-15, a 1911 and a Mini 30 now and love them all. I just wish the Mini wasn't quite as particular about which ammo it will feed.

Being and acting like the old geezer I am, I hope I don't irritate too many of you. AND, I already have a complaint. I retired from the Air Force and the sheriff's department both as a Major and y'all have me signed in as a Private? (Just kidding. I see the system.)

You can call me private, sir, major or Mike. The last one probably will get my attention. Thanks for the warm welcome.

Private Major Mike ;)

·
Double P90 Shooter
19,890 Posts
Welcome from the Republic of Texas...

·
Registered
17,260 Posts
Welcome from the Texas Panhandle. Thank you for your service.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
greetings from FL Mate............

thewelshm

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
Sir! Private, Major, Deputy Mike. Sir!
Welcome to the forum,
That is all. Sir!

·
Registered
7,654 Posts
Welcome from Wisconsin

·
Registered
7,847 Posts
A big welcome to the forum from Georgia!!

·
Life is good
4,866 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.