Ruger Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
US Constitution Defender
889 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I joined the forum today while I was here looking for information on the Ruger LCR 38+P. I intend to buy one having researched the dickens out of light conceal carry revolvers of the various popular brands and models.

This will be my first Ruger. I have shooting acquaintances who love their Ruger revolvers and swear by them and have shot some of their revolvers.

This will not be my first gun as I have others which I shoot regularly but it will be my first dedicated snubby CCW firearm.

I think semi-autos are fine and all and I shoot them. In fact the first pistol I was taught to shoot growing up was a 1911 A1 45 caliber... I just really like revolvers.

-VF

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
Welcome from Australia mate.
Glad to have you on board, nice folk here and lots of good info.

·
Premium Member
1,321 Posts
Welcome from Northern California. LCR is a great small revolver. You're going to like it.

·
US Constitution Defender
889 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you James!

It's nice folks say hi to new members... I know it must get tiring but it is appreciated.

A song for you, Mate, from the new Shelia.

One of my *all time* favorites...

Men At Work

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
Welcome aboard and like you I was researching the LCR .38 but decided on the .357 because I wanted to have the extra ammo choice.

·
US Constitution Defender
889 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Hi YuccaLes!

I have high hopes for that little gun! :)

You live in some beautiful country. Been there.

I am originally from Texas but have lived in many places including Northern California.

·
US Constitution Defender
889 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi ColoradoChris!

I can understand why you would want the flexibility of ammo choices with the 357 version.

If the 357 version had been as light weight as the 38+P version I would have chosen it for the same reason you did.

For me, low weight took precedence. Hopefully +P ammo like Speers Gold Dot will pack enough punch to get the job done if it ever has to come to that.

·
The Shooterologist
3,992 Posts
Welcome aboard!
I'm also a big fan of the .357 wheel gun. With 2.5 grains of Bulleye and a semi-wadcutter it's great practice tool, which I love to do!

·
Ruger Tinkerer
11,898 Posts
Hello VF - welcome from down in SW Florida. I went with the .38+P LCR too for light weight, felt no need to shoot .357 in one and wanted the model with the XS tritium front sight. Great little revolver.

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
Welcome from S. OK. Enjoy. It's a great place to hang out.

·
Super Moderator
16,246 Posts
VF ... Welcome again from SW Ohio ... Glad to have you aboard!

·
Double P90 Shooter
19,887 Posts
Welcome from the Republic of Texas...

·
Registered
10,286 Posts
Welcome to the forum

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
Thank you James!

It's nice folks say hi to new members... I know it must get tiring but it is appreciated.

A song for you, Mate, from the new Shelia.

One of my *all time* favorites...

Men At Work
A girl with a bit of Oz culture, music to my ears.
And Men @ Work, iconic Oz band.
You'll do well here, enjoy the forum, lots of fun.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.