Ruger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Started with handguns a year ago and it's been Ruger SA's all the way. Finally picked up a single six to add to the family. Probably should have been my first one. I wanted used for financial reasons, and they had a selection. This one took my fancy, and so far it isn't disappointing. I shot an "as is" group, but I have yet to try different types of ammo, and a Wolff spring is on the way. Can't wait to see what it can really do. Best part is the kids love it.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Nice! Very nice. I have a Single Six in the Bisley style. I REALLY like it. I bought it with the idea that it would be a very inexpensive way of practicing my .44 mag (seen in the avatar), and it has helped my shooting tremendously. But besides that, I use it to introduce new shooters to handguns. I've hunted rabbits with it. And it is just plain fun to shoot!

I am sure you will enjoy yours very much.

·
Registered
6,208 Posts
Nice! You'll enjoy it. Mine is out every time I head to the range.

·
Registered
5,501 Posts
Very nice!
I bought a Single Ten and start every range session with it.
Starting with the 22 calms and relaxes me prior to moving up to my larger caliber guns.
Sometimes the 22 all I shoot.

·
Registered
6,877 Posts
Now you need it's Bearcat cousin..........:D

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks, guys. Bearcat would be nice, hopefully somewhere down the line. Can never have enough...That's a real nice rig, Tom. I started out with big bores, probably shouldn't have. I tried a Model 29 before trying a Ruger SA. I don't think I would ever have shot that thing well, it hurt so much. Then I tried an SBH and I was hooked. The single six is just plain fun. Everyone should have one....or a single ten.

·
Ausmerican.
42,713 Posts
Very nice single six mate.

·
Registered
17,830 Posts
That's a good lookin Single Six. You don't see many with fixed sights. I was looking for one with fixed sights a couple of years ago, as a practice pistol similar to my .45 Vaquero, and all I found was a never fired 50th Anniversary model.

·
Registered
331 Posts
That's a good lookin Single Six. You don't see many with fixed sights. I was looking for one with fixed sights a couple of years ago, as a practice pistol similar to my .45 Vaquero, and all I found was a never fired 50th Anniversary model.
I found a 5 1/2 barrel fixed sights to help me practice Cowboy shooting. Then I found a 4 5/8 barrel (or 4 3/4 whichever) fixed sight 50 year model (with a scratch on it - good price) - same purpose. It helped a lot and was a lot cheaper than shooting 38. Later I got rid of the 5 1/2 but kept the 50 year model just because I liked the single six. I needed the shorter barrel length than you got because I had to practice drawing from a holster besides shooting.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The 6.5" barrel threw me off at first only because I'm not used to longer barrels, but it's really not that long, and it's growing on me. I've been wanting a vaquero, so this scratches that itch too. I paid $340 for it, and it came with the WMR cylinder along with the original plastic box. Looked like it had barely been fired. I'm spoiled by the Wolff trigger springs on my other three SA's, so I can't wait to get this one converted. I've been having the kids shooting super light .38 special loads out of my .357 BH, but that gun is so heavy. The single six has been a big hit with them.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.