Ruger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since reading this thread I went up to my LGS where he's had an SR556 Varmint in the rack for a couple of months!

Turns out he has two of them so, I put a deposit on the one that hasn't been in the rack. It's in the back room lock-up.

I already own an SR556 SC and really don't need another 556 in the safe but, if Ruger has discontinued all of the SR line except the take down model, I'm going to look at this Varmint gun as an investment for the time being. $1,499(including tax) today is stupid easy money and at some point just may have a better return than most stock!

For the time being I'll keep it in the box and see what unfolds in the next few months.

Anyone interested in an SR556 Varmint new in box?

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So, I shouldn't shoot my SR556CLA that I got new for $700? Just leave it in the box?
I wouldn't even suggest you not shoot your new SR556!!

Take it out of the box. Clean it up. And, shoot the crap out of it! It's a GREAT littler gun. You'll love the rifle as much as the rest of us do, I'm sure.

I bought the 556 Varmint because I had a little extra cash in my pocket and because I already have the SR556SC out making little piles of brass for me I thought I could afford to make this small investment . . . at the moment.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I wouldn't even suggest you not shoot your new SR556!!

Take it out of the box. Clean it up. And, shoot the crap out of it! It's a GREAT littler gun. You'll love the rifle as much as the rest of us do, I'm sure.

I bought the 556 Varmint because I had a little extra cash in my pocket and because I already have the SR556SC out making little piles of brass for me I thought I could afford to make this small investment . . . at the moment.
That's most likely what I will do. I was originally looking for another Colt, a 6920. I got an email for a Black Friday sale listing the SR556 for $700. They had limited quantities and you had to,send an email after mignight Thanksgiving eve. I forgot about it and a day later sent it in and forgot about it.

Come Tuesday I,checked my SPAM folder and there is the email telling me I'm one of 5 lucky people getting the sale price. Called them back with my FFL and payment info and the rest is history.

It was meant to take the load off my pristine original Colt Sporter Carbine, then I come to find they are great guns and Ruger is thinning out the line to just the takedown.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts