Ruger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is a pic of my Star. Stamped on the right hand side is "The Garcia Corp". I had it hard chromed back in the 80's. Fun little 9mm.

·
Premium Member
2,977 Posts
Nice gun! The only Star I ever owned was a Star PD .45. It was a nice gun - wish I would have kept it.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Wow ! They look 400 times better when chromed ! I was looking at them, but, how do they shoot ? Also, do they have any issue's to be aware of ?

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think they shoot great. I prefer the Sig P226 that I had, but I only paid $125 for the Star in the '80's. It is a great little target gun. The only problem I ever had is when I sent it to be hard chromed. The company that did it, broke my firing pin. I also had my Sig hard chromed a couple of years later, and when I got it back, the extractor was bent. It was a really terrible company. I have put probably 2000 rounds through this one, and other than the firing pin, no problem. BTW, I refinished the grips with poly urethane....I was young and impressionable, and didn't know that there was a better way to finish them.

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
Ole' John Browning got copied about everywhere didn't he?

Didn't star also make a run of guns in the 9mm largo? kind of a long 9mm if i remember right for Spain i think. Remember seeing one at the range and it was a good shooter.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
quote:Originally posted by deputy125

Ole' John Browning got copied about everywhere didn't he?

Didn't star also make a run of guns in the 9mm largo? kind of a long 9mm if i remember right for Spain i think. Remember seeing one at the range and it was a good shooter.
Yes they did.

·
Registered
704 Posts
quote:Originally posted by rman

Nice gun! The only Star I ever owned was a Star PD .45. It was a nice gun - wish I would have kept it.
Same here, gave up mine to finance a guitar amp for my boy's birthday present. 18 yrs later he still plays very well, but I still miss that little PD... :(

1 - 9 of 9 Posts