1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,
Think you'll like this lube:
http://pawpawshouse.blogspot.com/2005/07/hog-lard.html
He does have a warning for those muzzies.
It looks promising.
Made a batch several days ago.
Used about 1/2 of a brick of beeswax-roughly 8oz, and about a little less than a 1/4 brick of Armour lard.
Seems like, this mix sweats less then beeswax and Crisco.Might have been,used too much Crisco.

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
By God...I think ur on to something there! I'm all for depriving the muzzies of their virgins.:D

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
quote:Originally posted by rman

By God...I think ur on to something there! I'm all for depriving the muzzies of their virgins.:D
Yep,that's why I want to get the word out.
I really want to cause for concern-on their part !
What makes this good,is the KISS method.No "witches brew or Harry Potter" ingredients.
Several days ago,I checked the sweating again.
The beeswax and Crisco had some sweat on it.
The beeswax and lard,didn't have any.Felt like a slick film.Made this in late summer.Wasn't too soft,nor too hard.
The earlier mix,was made during summer.
Like usual with homemade lubes,you can always adjust for the temps, and/or conditions.
I found this link,as before I started to think about lard.(muzzie medicine)So, when I found what lard was-bingo !The wheels of motion started.
Thought my G/F would have a fit.That lard was bought a few years ago,to make homemade tortillas.She hasn't made any yet.
Instead, she just said,"I'll buy more.".Been in the outside freezer all this time.
Since I've bought more beeswax,that lard should last quite some time.
This can be used as a case lube,either mix.Resized several 45-70 cases.Not one case stuck.
Sorta think the bullets should be of the blackpowder design.
Shouldn't be a problem with smokeless.
You have a good week.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.