Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have been to 7 gun shops and 10 walmarts in my area and there is no 9mm to be found,i have also looked online and cant find anything that works anyone have a lead.:mad:

·
Registered
294 Posts
I'm a Internet dealer with lots of contacts. The best I could do was find 500 rounds. I need pallets of 9mm. (I ordered the 500:()

·
Sr. Exec. Button Monkey
625 Posts
It's not just 9mm.
I usually use luckygunner online.
One (1) brand of 9mm, (Federal Classic Personal Defense - 1000 round case), $468. Ouch!
Luckily I have about 1000 rounds at home.
Also - VERY limited selections on:
.38 spl
.357 mag
.40 s&w
.44 mag
and NO .44 spl at all!
NOT cool.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I have 6000rds, I dont know if I want to shoot it or look at it, bought 2000rds last week for 500 bucks thought that was alot 250 dollars per case guess not

·
Registered
168 Posts
Well if your bored you can take a trip to MN. I have been to 3 different stores in 2 days and there is plenty of 9mm for all of us. 2 stores had a lot less then one of them but that one is about $10 more then the rest and has always been that way. Gander around a little and you'll figure that one out! ;)

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
I'm having trouble finding primers too.

·
Registered
5,231 Posts
My LGS here on the I-20 corridor in Northern Louisiana has tons of it. Blazer Brass, 115 gr., $14.88 a box. They must have bought a whole truckload of it.

OTOH, Walmart? Academy? Forget about it. They have a bunch of empty shelves.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Yes there is and will be more but, this has definitely lit a flame under my rear to start reloading more.

·
Registered
98 Posts
My LGS had a few boxes of Estate 9mm at 11.99/box. I only bought 1 because I was there to but some .22s (CCI Mini-Mags at 7.99/box). Wish I would have bought more 9's. The owner said to watch out for ammo sticker shock next month...

·
Banned
4,407 Posts
I feel lucky having an LCR. When I chose it, mostly for a revolver's dependability, ammo also crossed my mind, thinking back to 2008's frenzy.

.38 Special is not as popular as 9mm. Looking at local store's thin ammo this week, I noticed there was more .38 still on the shelves than other carry calibers.

I feel for you 9 fans, but hoarding is probably the main reason it's scarce. Some 9 fans are hurting the others by grabbing every box they can.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts