Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see the run on ammo. However, if there is a deal to be had I am interested in buying some bulk 115G 9mm FMJ ammo just not for 40c a round. Been searching on Ammo Seek and it seems like everything is out of stock. Ideas?

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
If you are unwilling to get into reloading, you are just going to have to check prices weekly at different sites until you find a bulk buy that you are willing to pay for. I do not think it will ease up until after the Nov. election, and if the wrong guy gets elected, there will be a drastic shortage for a long time.

·
Premium Member
1,387 Posts
I’ve noticed stocks dwindling here (central Ohio). I was fortunate to buy two cases a couple months ago when my LGS had a skid or two delivered. This past week the owner told me they were hard pressed to say when they’d see more 9mm. Just like before, we have to be patient for a while or pay for what you want now. I’ve learned over the years to keep some extra common calibers in reserve, just in case. Relloading does help until you can’t find components. I noticed that’s starting to happen as well.

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
9mm seems to have been hit hardest of all. I shoot 9mm and .45, and was lucky enough to buy a couple of cases.
The local stores do get some .45 in every week, but with 9mm they are lucky to get some in once a month.

Keep checking ammoseek, but some of the places there that list ammo in stock charge high shipping costs, or won't get around to shipping your order for many weeks.
SG Ammo in Stillwater, Oklahoma is my favorite online source, I place 10 or 12 orders a year from them.
Right now they only show some steel case ammo in stock, but check their site every day, and when they get in a pallet of ammo get your order in without delay, as it might be all gone a few hours later.
If SG shows it still in stock, you'll get the order at your door in 4 or 5 days max.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just got a deal on 1000 CCI Blazer brass 115g FMJ rounds at $384 shipped. Price per box was $17.99 @ Mollys. Shipping was the killer @ $25.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I needed some 5.56 and use SGAmmo a lot so I set an alert for when something would be in stock. Sure enough a text message came through and I bought a case and watched by refreshing the web page as others bought as the in stock count went down. There is a lot of ammo for sale on various forums but it will cost you. You won't find any cheap ammo anymore as those days are gone.

·
Forlorn Hope
612 Posts
As I had posted elsewhere, my local 'Runnings' has Federal Champion 115 Grain FMJ 9mm at $11.00 a 50 rnd. box, limit 2 boxes per customer. Availability is spotty, but I've gone 3 times and it was available twice.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I scan the internet from time to time while watching TV with the wife, & ALL the online suppliers pretty much show "not available" It is a lot of panic buying goin on, like with toilet paper, etc. The shortage is worse for guys that are lucky enough to have a range close by, & shoot a lot. Reloading is an option, but if you are not one of those guys, it's not worth the investment in the equipment & supplies.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I've often thought about reloading, mainly since I bought the two .327 Fed Magnum revolvers, but I've seen the prices on some reloading equipment and, being 63 and don't get to the range very often I'm not sure about the investment. It's about a half hour drive after I drive through Pittsburgh and it's at a PA Game Commission shooting range; you have to follow their rules which are good, but sometimes I'd like to shoot stuff other than paper targets, etc. I just wonder, how long would I have to reload before I would start saving money? I have other caliber guns, so I suppose I'd have to reload them also. Yeah, just buy the ammo when possible I guess. We have a mixture of riots, cooties, and an election coming up. Bad time for ammo buying. Once we get used to these prices I really doubt they will be dropping back to "normal" pricing. Now, when beer prices start sky-rocketting, it's time to get serious!

·
Registered
8,111 Posts
I look at Gunbroker every day, there is a case of 500 rnds of 9mm 115 gr round nose currently at $250 +/- which translates to $25 a box ... so to answer the question, no

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Just an update. I was referred to one in GA. They told me their ad was based on old stock and that if you could find it on a shelf buy all you can. Price won't be the same when and if new stock comes in. Always my luck!

·
Registered
8,111 Posts
I know you all are tired of hearing about this but I am still amazed at the prices idiots i mean people are willing to pay for ammo ... as long as idiots i mean people keep paying these numbers the prices will never balance out ... the person paid $34.11 per box of 50 ... now that includes the cost of delivery ... smdh

and still more lunacy ... $36.50 per box of 50 ... smdh

1 - 20 of 25 Posts