Ruger Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting a 10/22 Target and have found that Green Mountain makes a 28" stainless steel bull barrel (___http://www.gmriflebarrel.com/rugertargetbarrels/10-22920sporterdiameterbarrels/ruger-10-22-920-bull-barrels-page/28--stainless-920-bull--barrel-22lr____).

I have read that most of the powder of a 22 is burned within 18-20" of chamber so my question is whether or not there is any advantage of a 28" barrel. Will it increase the velocity (re accuracy) of the bullet?

What are peoples experience/thoughts on installing this barrel?

What experiences do people have with the Green Mountain barrels in general. Company seems to have the best reputation amoung these forums.

Thanks in advance for your input.

Wizzzard

·
Registered
496 Posts
First I see NO advantage to that long of a barrel Second I can't give enough praise to the Green Mountain barrel and the company in general.. Way more accurate than I am for sure.
and I am pretty darn accurate..<G>

wPm

·
Registered
71 Posts
If you had a bolt then I would say yes....advantage....but you information is mostly correct on powder....but it is due to the action opening to cycle the next round...the bullet is only 12-14 inches down the barrel when the action opens so then gasses escape from both ends...so actually after about 12 inches down the barrel the bullet actually starts to slow.......so there is no advantage to a 28 inch barrel with the 10/22

1 - 3 of 3 Posts