Ruger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This maybe a total NOOB question, but is Ruger planning on any upgrades or changes to the LC9 in the upcoming year (2013)? I'm notorious for buying something and then around the same time a new version comes out. I shot a LC9 yesterday for the first time and really liked it. I shot it well. I'm lefty
so I wish the LC9 was more lefty friendly (i.e - manual safety on both sides), etc

Take Care.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I also just purchased a LC9 and im i really like it! It shoots well and is very functional as my CCW but i hope they plan on making some chages to the trigger! Little stiff for my tastes

·
Registered
226 Posts
This maybe a total NOOB question, but is Ruger planning on any upgrades or changes to the LC9 in the upcoming year (2013)? I'm notorious for buying something and then around the same time a new version comes out. I shot a LC9 yesterday for the first time and really liked it. I shot it well. I'm lefty
so I wish the LC9 was more lefty friendly (i.e - manual safety on both sides), etc

Take Care.
FYI: Hand gun manufacturers introduce new models constantly because there's no one gun that will satisfy everybody. The LC9 fills a niche & it's unlikely they'll change it but, if you can find a competent gun smith he could do a trigger job for you using one of the after market trigger kits.

·
Bat Man
1,666 Posts
The LC9 will likely remain substantially the same unless Ruger finds a problem. They'll likely introduce a new firearm rather than mucking around with that one. Of course unless they adopt the Glock method... I can see my Great, Great, Great, Great Grandkids now "Wow... look, I just picked up a Glock Model 19 Gen 3087. :)

·
Zombie Hunter
248 Posts
I inherited mine from my wife when she wanted something with a little less kick. I'm suprised at how accurate it is for a small auto. It's very comfy to carry and seems well made. The trigger doesn't really bother me but for some people it has been an issue.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I have a little over 600 rnds throught my LC9 and I do not mind the trigger. A lot of people complain about the stiff trigger but also a lot like it because they carry with the saftey off and do not have to worry about trigger snag. (so I've heard). I CCW with the saftey on and a rnd. in the chamber.

·
Zombie Hunter
248 Posts
I have a little over 600 rnds throught my LC9 and I do not mind the trigger. A lot of people complain about the stiff trigger but also a lot like it because they carry with the saftey off and do not have to worry about trigger snag. (so I've heard). I CCW with the saftey on and a rnd. in the chamber.
I'm the same way. Oner in the chamber safety on. I have heard some semi-autos have accidently discharged due to trigger snag, that won't happen with the LC9 unless something really crazy happens. My wife now owns a Sig p238 and I explained to her about the importance of the safety.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts