Ruger Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see midwayusa has the camo Tuesday sale going and one of the items is the above mentioned red dot. No reviews on midway, but amazon seems to generally have really good reviews on it. I'm wanting a good red dot to put on my AR556, anyone on here with personal experience?

For a buck thrity and free shipping, seems like a good deal.

·
Registered
2,954 Posts
I don't have the StrikeFire II, but I do own the StrikeFire I and I love it. I think the only difference between the I and the II is the canted scope rings. I maybe wrong, but I didn't see any difference in description on the Votex website between the I and the II.

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
A friend had one on an AR. They are O.K. I prefer the Burris FastFire III, much smaller, much lighter and batteries will last way, way longer. They are about $100 more though.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, hope it works out well, I had ordered one earlier. Just looked at it again and they are out of stock already.

·
"The Real Deal"
8,039 Posts
I don't have the StrikeFire II, but I do own the StrikeFire I and I love it. I think the only difference between the I and the II is the canted scope rings. I maybe wrong, but I didn't see any difference in description on the Votex website between the I and the II.
The power button has been moved to New the back, instead of the side on the 1.

I have used both, great optic, no issues. 4moa dot, and easy to make 200 yard shots with a carbine. For the price they cannot be beat. Would recommend them, I perfer the absoulte high ring instead of the lower 1/3 cowitness, straight or cantilever. But the sight is great.

·
Registered
9 Posts
If you could buy the Strikefire 2 at its regular price, OR an original Strikefire (1) at a discounted price, is it worth coughing up the extra $$$ for the Strikefire 2 ???

·
"The Real Deal"
8,039 Posts
If you could buy the Strikefire 2 at its regular price, OR an original Strikefire (1) at a discounted price, is it worth coughing up the extra $$$ for the Strikefire 2 ???
Well the are basically the same optic, biggest difference is the first gen has the on/off on the side, the second gen has it on the rear. Other than that they are the same. You can accidentally turn the gen 1 on by laying the rifle on its side with the on button, but thats no big issue. The gen 2 does not have the occurence. Both are great.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I run a StrikeFire II on my AR and it is very good. I wish it auto adjusted but for the price you can't beat it! Lifetime no questions warranty. I run a Vortex Venom on my PS-90 and that is also phenomenal.

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
With the StrikeFire 2 mounted on your Ruger can you still use the front and rear iron sights if you need to?
If mounted properly, yes. I mounted mine 1/3 co-witness and I can still use my iron sight. Co-witnesses should be able to, too.

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
I have two, they are very good, and I would recommend them.

·
"The Real Deal"
8,039 Posts
With the StrikeFire 2 mounted on your Ruger can you still use the front and rear iron sights if you need to?
Affirmative, they sell the strikefire with an absolute or lower 1/3 cowitness mount. Just depends on which height you want to go with, some perfer one, some perfer the other.

Here is the latest rifle i put a strikefire II on with an absolute cantilever mount. They are great sights. Rear sight on this rifle is a Troy di optic folder.

Reactions: Beachcityboy
1 - 17 of 17 Posts