Ruger Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
388 Posts
It is a great pistol from the factory, but the thought of a stock firearm bores me!
So on every SR22 I have owned I always added...
Tandemkross captured rod
Wingman 5+ bumpers
supergrips
And Alien gear holsters
All are on there website.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is a great pistol from the factory, but the thought of a stock firearm bores me!
So on every SR22 I have owned I always added...
Tandemkross captured rod
Wingman 5+ bumpers
supergrips
And Alien gear holsters
All are on there website.
oh perfect! That is some great looking additions there, just what I was wanting. Thanks!

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
I have the Wingman +5 bumpers on three of my magazines. They are well made, and work great, but you do lose the last shot hold open function.

·
Banned
3,167 Posts
Sell it, buy a Mark III, your groups at twice the range will be half as big. :p

A proper action job is what it is - an advantage on any firearm. Decide what you want the focus to be, and talk to a smith; light trigger pull, reliable function, or accuracy...

Not many sights available, fiber optics mostly.

What do you really want to do? Shoot small groups on long range targets? <-- you have the wrong gun. Wanna plink fast at close up stuff? <-- throw some firesights on it and be merry.

·
Banned
388 Posts

A proper action job is what it is - an advantage on any firearm. Decide what you want the focus to be, and talk to a smith; light trigger pull, reliable function, or accuracy...

What do you really want to do? Shoot small groups on long range targets? <-- you have the wrong gun. Wanna plink fast at close up stuff? <-- throw some firesights on it and be merry.
I have owned multiple Mark III's & 22/45's, they are a little better on accuracy, but lets be honest off-hand accuracy will not be half the size at double the distance!!

As far as sights, other than fiber optic what other sights are there....for the Mark series or the SR22?

I consistently hit targets at 100 yards with my SR22's, just as I do with my Mark III. But the benefits of the SR22 are...its lighter & easier to disassemble. Also carrying it in a holster is a lot easier!!!

·
Premium Member
1,340 Posts
THX V- that helped me out with a decision I've been trying to make.

·
Registered
2,970 Posts
My barrel was very rough, you could feel the circular tool marks on it and also could here the slide rub against it. I polished it smooth along with feed ramp. Purchased an inexpensive ss guide rod from ebay, i have had no feeding issues, don't shoot it much, shortly after i purchased it, 22 ammo went extinct and still very hard to find or over priced :(

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)

Are there aftermarket parts to help with trigger pull? I have not seen any yet ... It is not a bad pull anyways for me I am just curious.

I have also heard the firesights are junk though so I have been holding on getting them. Not the best reviews anywhere I find them.

I would like the reliability and accuracy though. sucks going plinking and not hitting anything haha

As far as sights, other than fiber optic what other sights are there....for the Mark series or the SR22?

I consistently hit targets at 100 yards with my SR22's, just as I do with my Mark III. But the benefits of the SR22 are...its lighter & easier to disassemble. Also carrying it in a holster is a lot easier!!!
I have only seen the fiber optic as well ...

The main reason I chose the SR22 over the MarkIII was the ability to easiy clean it and disassemble.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
went ahead and ordered the spring rod and the Hiviz front sight since it seems to be getting more love than the others ...

Hopefully these 2 will be solid additions to my SR22

·
Registered
144 Posts
went ahead and ordered the spring rod and the Hiviz front sight since it seems to be getting more love than the others ...

Hopefully these 2 will be solid additions to my SR22
Yea that's the sight.I think you will like it.It comes with 3 colors.Red,green and white.The red one really stands out good for me.Push from the back to take em out and push the new one in the way you look at it while shoothing.I don't think the directions were to clear on that part and its not on there sight how to change em out so hope this helps.oh yea be careful with those 2 small screws.They are really tiny.Easy to lose.I used a little bit of blue loc tite on mine.My sight hasn't moved..

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yea that's the sight.I think you will like it.It comes with 3 colors.Red,green and white.The red one really stands out good for me.Push from the back to take em out and push the new one in the way you look at it while shoothing.I don't think the directions were to clear on that part and its not on there sight how to change em out so hope this helps.oh yea be careful with those 2 small screws.They are really tiny.Easy to lose.I used a little bit of blue loc tite on mine.My sight hasn't moved..
ok thanks! Ya I have heard the green is pretty crappy in these. The red is what most people prefer ... never heard of people talking about the white, have you tried this one?

·
Registered
144 Posts
No not the white insert.I think if I wanted the white I would just keep the stock front.I sent my gun back cause it did not reload federal ammo after the shot.Kinda like a single shot then.Lady at Ruger told me to shoot the CCI and Remington if that shoots ok.I told her the Federal is the most accurate out of my gun so I want it to shoot it.Anyway they replaced my whole slide assembly.It now feeds and reloads the next round of federal most times.:) My new slide is really tight with not much play either.I had the tru glo front on it when I sent it back.They took it off and put it in a bag and I reinstalled it on my new slide.But those 2 screws are sure tiny and easy to lose.tru glo outta throw a extra in the box.I think the size allen is .05 or something like that.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
No not the white insert.I think if I wanted the white I would just keep the stock front.I sent my gun back cause it did not reload federal ammo after the shot.Kinda like a single shot then.Lady at Ruger told me to shoot the CCI and Remington if that shoots ok.I told her the Federal is the most accurate out of my gun so I want it to shoot it.Anyway they replaced my whole slide assembly.It now feeds and reloads the next round of federal most times.:) My new slide is really tight with not much play either.I had the tru glo front on it when I sent it back.They took it off and put it in a bag and I reinstalled it on my new slide.But those 2 screws are sure tiny and easy to lose.tru glo outta throw a extra in the box.I think the size allen is .05 or something like that.
interesting ... my seems to love federal, put about 1500 rounds through it so far and not one FTE or FTF luckily.

Ya I hear these screws really suck to mess with ... small and strip easy supposedly

1 - 19 of 19 Posts