·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well that sucks, I'd be lost.

·
Registered
6,695 Posts
I like givin it a go with my Buckmark occasionally, it adds a degree of difficulty.

·
Registered
792 Posts
Yes it does suck. I enjoyed hunting them. I had 4 areas id rotate. The rabbits were very few too. But they are making a comeback. I think folks are killing off the birds of prey. Not seeing them like i used to. Im hoping the squirrels make a come back too. I missed out on hunting season this year with my leg injury.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I use to look forward to squirrel season more than deer season. The season is so much longer and the weather so much better. And I knew an old gentleman that loved squirrel gravy and would take all that I could shoot ... I just liked hunting them. I hunted for years with my Ruger MK II Clark Bullseye Gun with a 2x Leupold scope (bottom of photo). The old guy passed years ago and I quit hunting. Now, where I live, I could shoot my limit from my porch with a slingshot.

DSCF1472.JPG

·
Premium Member
2,817 Posts
Not anymore. I used to when I was younger and it was my favorite way to hunt. In those days, I used a S&W K-22 with iron sights. That was the most accurate .22 handgun I ever owned, including some custom Mark IIIs and IIs. I didn't hit every one, but I didn't miss many. Great fun - those were the days. (Sure good eatin' too) :)

·
Registered
643 Posts
LongHunter : That is Beautiful mess of Grey and Fox Squirrels that I have ever seen in Year's . I myself use to run them hills for them and brings back great memories . This coming season I think I will . Thanks for the Post

·
Registered
28 Posts
I use a 6 inch S&W K-22 with good success and love it. I also use a 6 inch Ruger Mark III with a one power scope. Both are very accurate and excellent hunting hand guns for my Virginia woods hunting

·
Registered
643 Posts
Can you hunt squirrels with a handgun in PA? I looked in my book, but couldn't find my answers.

54 - You can hunt small game in P.A with revolver and semiautomatic rifle small caliber .

You can't hunt big game with a semi-automatic rifle or semi-automatic pistol but large caliber revolver is allowed

Check your P.A hunting regulations on line it will tell you

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yes it does suck. I enjoyed hunting them. I had 4 areas id rotate. The rabbits were very few too. But they are making a comeback. I think folks are killing off the birds of prey. Not seeing them like i used to. Im hoping the squirrels make a come back too. I missed out on hunting season this year with my leg injury.
I would give anything to go rabbit hunting, none around my area anymore. Everyone says the coyotes killed them all out around here, but when I can drive 30 miles to the next town and count 75 hawks .

·
Registered
266 Posts
54 - You can hunt small game in P.A with revolver and semiautomatic rifle small caliber .

You can't hunt big game with a semi-automatic rifle or semi-automatic pistol but large caliber revolver is allowed

Check your P.A hunting regulations on line it will tell you
I sure wish I could use my Mark III.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts