Ruger Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own 3 KA-BAR knives, my favorite is my new model 1211. I have big hands and this handle feels great and comes sharp enough to shave with. Had to use it to dress about 15 Grouse and it outperformed any other knife I have ever used (even though it is huge).

Do you have a favorite model of KA-BAR?
Any other brands you can suggest for an avid hunter/woodsmen?

If you dont like KA-BAR knives, why not?

·
Registered
6,722 Posts
Nothing at all against the Ka-Bar...they're just not for me. I can, however, highly recommend that you give Cold Steel knives a look. If you check 'em out and find something you like, DON'T order it directly from them, you'll pay way too much; www.knifecenter.com has the whole CS line at substantially better prices.

·
Registered
859 Posts
been looking at obtaining one.
I have bayo's, different types / years for my Garand, M1 Carbine, and AR..
So naturally the KA-Bars come next, and would love to get a M3 fighting knife.

One of the best deals around right now, is this "Rack Grade" M4 M1 Carbine Bayo from the cmp.. for 15 bux, with leather washer grip, I buy one now and again, and use them for different general uses...
I had one sharpened by the local shop, darn, it's sharp as heck and holds it well.
https://estore.odcmp.com/store/cata...pmax=&note1=&note2=&note3=&note4=&note5=&max=

So for a beginner KA-Bar shopper with other USGI , what model is representative of what is being used?
I see a bunch of variations, but not 100% sure if it's pure repro, or really the same our troops are getting ?

·
Registered
160 Posts
I really like Ka-bar brand knives (I have four). My absolute favorite is the Kukri...The Bowie is good as well. I also have a "traditinal" ka-bar utility knife as well as a Mule folder...

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Ka-bar is pure Americana imo... my most recent is just a big beast of a knife. not very traditional, but very very cool.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

·
Registered
155 Posts
I got one in the spring of 1967. An "old" salty Sgt gave it to me just before he left country, said it would come in handy. I used it for everything from digging holes to opening C-Rats. I still have it today, over 45 years and just as good as ever.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.