Ruger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want one load to use for coyote to Elk . I know over kill for coyotes , but they will not feel a thing . LOL I like using one load and get use to it . With my encore muzzle loader i user Gold dot 300 grain . 452 bullets for deer and elk . I will start reloading this week . I will be using a Super black hawk with a 5.50 barrel . my son went with the 7'' barrel . don't mind loading two different load for his and mine . I have blue dot powder and Ztp on hand, but glad to get another brand if needed .

so any help i would be very grateful:)

LoadData: .44 Remington Magnum / .44 Magnum (Ruger Super Blackhawk) Charge and Load Information/Data for the .44 Remington Magnum / .44 Magnum (Ruger Super Blackhawk).

·
Registered
3,810 Posts
I would recommend the powder companies. They have great data base. Generally they show multiple bullet brands for each bullet weight. Hodgdon/Winchester and Alliant are two I use.

·
Larry the Conservative
5,458 Posts
I've used H110 in 44 mag and have been happy with it. I don't hunt with a pistol, so I can't advise about the specifics of that application. I don't know what Ztp is.

Are you experienced with reloading or is this a first attempt?

·
Banned
619 Posts
Blue Dot can be used if you find the data. ZIP will only work for standard pressure .45 COLT loads. So it's not a good choice for hunting loads. In the last few years I have been using Ramshot Enforcer for my Magnum revolver loads. There is very good data for a 30,000 PSI Ruger/TC only handload using the deadly Barnes solid copper XPB 225 gr. JHP to around 1500 FPS at Ramshot

Like Sr40ken said, you'll also find data at the Alliant, Hodgdon (Hodgdon, Winchester, IMR), Accurate websites as well. ;)

Are you shooting .44 Magnum or .45 COLT?

·
Registered
197 Posts
Well,,,,,,,,if that is the case I would load hard cast bullets from 250 to300 gr with a bunch of H110 and a mag primer. It will work on the big stuff and coyotes without a lot of damage.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts