Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know I'm not the only race fan on this forum. Currently watching the Rolex 24hr race at Daytona. Great race with 4-5 different series racing on track at the same time, leads to some great racing at times. And lots of action! I'll watch just about any race that includes horse power and fast speeds. But my favorite series is, NASCAR! I go to the september race in new hampshire every year. Camp at the track from thursday to monday. It's a great weekend of racing! So what's everyone else like?

·
Registered
876 Posts
I'm an old NASCAR fuddy-duddy. I watched it for years with heroes like Fireball Roberts, Jr Johnson, Richard Petty, Drew Pearson, etc. but my favorite was Dale Ernhart SR. I thought he was a great, aggressive, an unpredictable driver that was fun to watch.

As drivers retired I was disappointed but after Ernhart was killed at Daytona, to me NASCAR was never the same. I haven't been back.

I did try Formula 1 but that is the most boring, predictable, racing I've ever seen.

Right now I'll stick to college women's basketball.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Earnhard Sr was my driver! Jr. is now my driver. I agree, after Sr. died at Daytona NASCAR has not been the same. A lot of safety changes for the good have been made, but I'm sure a lot of the greats hate how the series is now. I HATE the chase for the cup! You can make it into the chase and race for the cup without winning a race all season. Really!? I've tried watching Indy and F1, to boring. No side be side or passing. I do like watching the NHRA drag racing, monster trucks, moto cross, rally racing.

·
Reloading Addict
10,714 Posts
Another Earnhardt Sr. fan here. Junior will have to do now. He's not the driver his Dad was. I like him as he's his own person. Sure wished he'd be more aggressive at times though. I never miss a race. It won't be long now.
You know, us Earnhardt fans are gonna take a flaming here just as soon as this thread gets going. Ohh well, I've heard it all before.;)

·
Registered
52 Posts
Another sad Dale Sr fan here, as said Jr will have to do. Sure wish they'd let the drivers loose a little more, is getting boring at times.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Even though I live about ten minutes from Dover Int. in Delaware I haven't been much of a NASCAR fan in the last five or six years. I have always been a fan of any motorcycle racing and really like some of the rally car racing. The nascar guys on the road courses are still interesting.

·
Registered
856 Posts
I pull for Ryan Newman #31.

We usually go to Martinsville, Bristol and Charlotte. Love the excitement at the small tracks and someone is always right in front of you on these tracks.

·
Registered
4,560 Posts
To me, NASCAR lost its soul when Dale Sr died and lost its mind with the chase for the cup.

I would like to see Jr win a championship.

·
Registered
8,193 Posts
NASCAR should be interesting this year. Since Gordon won't be driving, I need to find someone else to hate.

I hate the 24 isn't broadcast 24 hrs like back when Speed had it. Fox sports sucks.
AMEN!!!

·
Banned
365 Posts
Use to be a NASCAR fan, but after the death of Dale Sr, Brian France's mismanagement, the chase setup, and then the recent rulings that allowed Kryle Busch to win the Sprint Cup, I've totally lost ALL interest in NASCAR. Now I can spend more time at the range instead of watching the B.S. that NASCAR is doing on a regular basis.

Can't stand F1. When CART and IRL split, they lost me. Can still remember watching an IRL race at Michigan. Swear you could have belly flopped a 747 in the midfield, and not hurt a sole.

Nowadays, if I don't get dirt in my beer, it just isn't racing!

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
I used to be a huge NHRA fan. E-Town was only about a half hour from where I lived.

·
Registered
902 Posts
I quit watching nascan't 30 years ago and haven't missed it one bit. But anything on a road course that actually takes some skill to drive then I enjoy watching

·
Registered
517 Posts
I'm a fan, live in the Daytona Beach area, go to all the different racing series races. The track is nothing short of spectacular since they just finished putting $400 million in improvements and are now calling it a racing stadium. Ya'll need to come see as words alone don't do it justice.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
My interest in NASCAR has dwindled the last several years as it is apparent how over controlling they are over the teams and drivers
Also dislike the change the rules as they go...... They cannot go the season with the rules they have set and change mid season.....might as well join forces with pro wrestling

·
Registered
408 Posts
My wife and I go to both NH races and camp right next to
the track. We have a great time and at the September race I participate
in a charity shoot for the Speedway Children's Charity.

·
Registered
10,286 Posts
Use to be a NASCAR fan, but after the death of Dale Sr, Brian France's mismanagement, the chase setup, and then the recent rulings that allowed Kryle Busch to win the Sprint Cup, I've totally lost ALL interest in NASCAR. Now I can spend more time at the range instead of watching the B.S. that NASCAR is doing on a regular basis.

Can't stand F1. When CART and IRL split, they lost me. Can still remember watching an IRL race at Michigan. Swear you could have belly flopped a 747 in the midfield, and not hurt a sole.

Nowadays, if I don't get dirt in my beer, it just isn't racing!
+++100!!

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
I'm a fan and have been for 50 years. I have not been to a race in years my bathroom is cleaner and my beer is cheaper and colder. Back iñ the 70s I used to go Langley speedway in VA. when they still hosted the cup races, great times!!

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I hate the 24 isn't broadcast 24 hrs like back when Speed had it. Fox sports sucks.
Yes fox sports does suck! They took the one and only channel dedicated to anything and everything automotive/motorsport related and have all but done away with it. The IMSA website streamed the whole race live. I watched 90% of the race that way.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts