Ruger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

With the introduction of the new Ruger .380 LCP I am wondering if this is a sign of things to come from Ruger in the CC market for semi-autos. The LCP looks alot like the Kel-Tec P3AT. I wonder if we'll see a Ruger sub-compact 9mm like the Kel-Tec PF9 or P11.

Has anyone heard anything? Is this something that you think Ruger should do?

·
Retired Moderator & Gunsmith
16,691 Posts
jfrink2, When this question came up in the not to distant past, I would have said NO. When the question came up about a striker fired pistol, most of us thought the next generation of Ruger semi-autos were going to be a variation of the P-345.
However, since Ruger announced the SR9 and the LCP, it looks like they might be changing their marketing strategy a little and actually offering guns that people want.

I think the overwhelming orders for LCPs really caught Ruger by surprise. Funny .... make something people want and watch what happens.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I think the overwhelming orders for LCPs really caught Ruger by surprise. Funny .... make something people want and watch what happens.
Hopefully,this is true-I'd really like a 6-8 round 9mm for carry gun,or a 40 cal in the same package.
JL

·
Forum Founder
3,639 Posts
There are a lot of difference in production in private family held Companies, and public owned ones. I have worked for both. Its all about making the most for the stockholders in public Companies. They make what will sell best. The big problem with making what sells, is cheap is what sells. Its easy to get cheap products cheap made, but getting good products cheap made as a different story.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Well if they did make a subcompact 9mm or 40, I would buy it. My new carry piece is a S&W M&P 40 subcompact with Hornadt taps. I change that up with my SP101 with black talons.

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
i think ruger has their hands full at the moment.

however, ruger will eventually catch up on producing the lcp's and get the sr9 back in production first.

i have no crystal ball, but i think we will see a chopped sr9 in barrel length and magazine capacity in the future as well as an lcp in .22 LR as i think that would sell well also.

A 40 cal has to also be somewhere on the horizon as well. Ruger is probably gonna stay with the striker design..........

·
Registered
58 Posts
I wonder how much it would cost if they came out with a PF9 copy?

·
Registered
14 Posts
i think ruger has their hands full at the moment.

however, ruger will eventually catch up on producing the lcp's and get the sr9 back in production first.

i have no crystal ball, but i think we will see a chopped sr9 in barrel length and magazine capacity in the future as well as an lcp in .22 LR as i think that would sell well also.

A 40 cal has to also be somewhere on the horizon as well. Ruger is probably gonna stay with the striker design..........

I agree with you here. I am concerned of the SR series ability to handle higher power rounds, like the .40. With several guns displaying barrell metal issues and what not, I hope they are thorough before releasing their next pistol. I would hope the next gun is a subcompact SR-9.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts