Ruger Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took my PC9 out today. Fired 140 rounds for a total of 5 stovepipes. Been like this every time I've taken it out shooting. I've pretty much tried all the free stuff to get it going right (thanks everyone for the help) but it looks like money's going to get involved. I'm willing to spring for an aftermarket extractor. The two I've seen are Mcarbo and Tandemkross. Any recommendations or both good?

·
Registered
160 Posts
I have the TK extractor in mine and it works great, about 2,000 rounds fired with no problems.

Suggestions:

Stronger spring should slow your bolt down slightly.

Also:

My plastic retainer wasn't looking good after a few disassembles.

Completes the recoil spring/buffer package.

TK or Mcarbo both have qualities stuff. Good luck.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have the Tandemkross extractors in both my Charger and Carbine. It did take Tandemkross three mess ups to finally get one to me though. (Out of stock after ordering, sent wrong extractor, sent defective extractor (extractor pin would not go through hole).. so far it has been good.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
For those of you who replaced your extractor with aftermarket. Was it to correct an issue or just as a perceived upgrade? If it was then, did it correct anything.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
For those of you who replaced your extractor with aftermarket. Was it to correct an issue or just as a perceived upgrade? If it was then, did it correct anything.
I had a few stove pipes at about 500 rnds. I searched possible causes. bought and installed mcarbo. cleaned lubed, ran and continue to run the hell out of it. Magic bullet? IDK. What I typed is what happened. I did not have many stove pipes. I think it was 2 out of a new lot of blazer, in 2018.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts