Ruger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in Vegas and I am looking for some help in re-loading. I would like to get to know anyone that reloads that can help teach me the ropes. I learn better hands on. I can do it by research or reading a lot of articles it just takes a little longer. Thanks

·
Registered
446 Posts
Try Navada western firearms, he is a member of the cowboy group and am sure he knows someone in vegas that will reload

·
Super Moderator
21,404 Posts
My suggestion is to start with a reloading manual like a Speer, Hornaday or one of the others by the bullet manufacturers and read the sections on reloading paying close attention to the safety sections. Then hook up with someone to help smooth out the rough edges but you will have the basics in the back of your mind. You may find some of your larger gun shops offer seminars or classes with hands on training as well.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The issue I have right now is that I can't find any primers. Is it worth the investment in reloading right now or do I wait and see if the dust settles and prices and supplies come down.

·
Registered
707 Posts
The issue I have right now is that I can't find any primers. Is it worth the investment in reloading right now or do I wait and see if the dust settles and prices and supplies come down.
Well, if you can't find primers, there is not very much hurry collecting equipment unless you find a good deal on some (perhaps someone who it giving up on loading).

Gun shows, garage sales, classified ads and gun talk forums are good places to find gear.

In the meantime, buy (or borrow) books, read threads and see if your library has a subscription to "Handloader" magazine. Knowledge does not go up or down in price or availability as much as components do.

Good luck.

Lost Sheep

1 - 6 of 6 Posts