Ruger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Other than getting an aftermarket stock, is there a flat plate type solid or just a thinner recoil pad for the RAR factory stock? The 7mm-08 just doesn't need the big fat rubber. I could effectively shorten the length of pull at the same time by replacing it with something less substantial. I don't need it padded at all. Anyone know of where I can get one?

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
When it comes to changing butt plates they are all customized to fit. You're not going to find a bunch that are made just for RAR stock. It just doesn't work that way. The market size is way too small to support such a thing.

So for yourself the path is to go to say Brownell's or Midway and search through their recoil pads or replacement butt plates to find the style you like.

I believe Midway has a video on how to install and then fit your new pad to your stock. Brownell's might have one too. Of course, there's the ever useful Youtube as well but I think the gun stores above might be more truthful.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sounds good. I kinda like doing things that way - fiddling with them to make them work for me. Thanks for the reply.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts