Ruger Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a couple of Winchesters, both 94's, one in 30-30 and the other in .32spl. Found a good deal on the Rossi 16" barrel .357mag/.38spl. Not the quality of the Wins., but earmarked for range plinking with less pricey ammo. Any owners here with tips, comments....good or bad are welcome!

·
Registered
149 Posts
I have a Rossi 1892 in 45 Colt that has been slicked up for Cowboy Action Shooting and is nice.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
326 Posts
I have a 92 chambered for 454 Casull. It can be quite a handful even with midrange loads. Nonetheless it's a great shooting little rifle. Almost sold it some time back. Sure glad I hung on to it. 😁

Reactions: jeepnut711

·
Registered
27 Posts
Have one and love it. Have put thousands of rounds through it with no issues. They do prefer round nose bullets. to semi wadcutters. Liked it so much I got the 44, 45, 44-40, 454, and 480.

·
Exchequer
4,500 Posts
I picked up a Rossi 92 in .357 / 38 special some time ago. Got it in SS with a 16-inch barrel. Initially, I had some feeding issues, but those were squared away when I replaced the magazine spring and follower with ones of better quality. (The original spring seemed kind of flimsy and the follower was made of plastic. )

·
Registered
118 Posts
I had a Braztech R92 (Rossi 92) in .357 magnum. It would not feed factory .357 ammo. The factory OAL was too long for it to feed. Since I reload, I made ammo with a shorter OAL and it would feed. I did a Steve Gunz job on it (New springs and other fine tuning). I refinished the stock. When I got it, empty cases were ejected 10' away but after doing the action job, I could eject cases and catch them easily. I ended up selling it and have no desire to rework another one.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I have found them to be more accurate than the Henry but not a smooth or good looking. My .357 is in a cloverleaf @100 yards with hand loads. Our .44mag was just as good.

·
Forlorn Hope
506 Posts
I had a Rossi 16" in 357 for several years. Shot it infrequently (as I did everything at the time). My only issue was that the brass butt plate got pitted from moisture in my safe. Not really the gun's fault, and easy to replace. Never had a single issue with it, and it was a lot of fun.

·
Registered
2,612 Posts
I have one in .357 Mag with the 20" octagon barrel. I've done a lot of work on it to slick it up and it's really smooth now. I use it for Pistol Caliber in NRA Cowboy Silhouette matches. I use a Marlin 39M for small bore. I sure like mine.

·
Registered
5,633 Posts
Here’s a Winny and a RossI, I’ve never shot either one of them.

865345BB-BDF1-4C7F-9A8A-1634A6D72B6E.jpeg

·
Forlorn Hope
506 Posts
Back in the day, I had always planned to brass plate everything, and mount a brass reproduction naval spyglass as if it were a scope. I wanted it to look 'steampunk', kinda inspired by Back to the Future III.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts