Ruger Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have closeup pics of heavy barrel and standard barrel pics, side by side, they could post. When searching, they look the same to me. Not sure which one I have. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Security Six on the left (standard barrel), Service Six on the right (heavy barrel). Both 4" barrels.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks exlogger, all the pics I saw were from the side, it's easy to see when looking at the muzzle. I just picked up a 4" blued service six and 4" blued security six today and both have the heavy barrel. I just dug out my stainless security and is the standard barrel, easy to see now.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
You are most welcome. I love to see a new Six Series post when I check the forum. I have several Rugers and the Six Series is my new favorite. It used to be my Redhawk but age and injuries have forced me to pack something lighter. I really like the look and feel, and it reminds me of my Redhawk. Almost like a scaled down version.
Here is "big daddy" next to "junior".:D

·
Registered
4,355 Posts

Don't forget the Machined Heavy Barrel:)

This .357 Service Six 4", made in 1978 has a barrel similiar to a S&W Model 10 Heavy Barrel, or sometimes called the "bull" barrel. I have never seen another one and most people say any they have seen were on Security Sixes. This gun is some kind of trade in, so maybe the PD special ordered these with the MHB option. I'll have to call Ruger records and see what model this one is.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.