Ruger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At some point mine needs to get a touch of pink! I've been looking online to see if I came across any pictures of custom paint but haven't found any yet. Anyone have any experience with this?

·
Registered
275 Posts
Not in the SR9C but I here that Ruger will be offering the SR22 pistol in Raspberry. I assume they will be offering it in other models eventually.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I am going to do some hydrographics on my SR40C this summer. I got a kit from a company who sells it on Ebay and it is great. I used it to do fly rods a couple of years ago. Don't know what pattern I am gonna go with yet. Either a camo pattern or a stone pattern.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I am going to do some hydrographics on my SR40C this summer. I got a kit from a company who sells it on Ebay and it is great. I used it to do fly rods a couple of years ago. Don't know what pattern I am gonna go with yet. Either a camo pattern or a stone pattern.
I was thinking black on my SS slide but i wonder how camo would work shooting in the desert here.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This is disappointing. I sure was hoping to see some pictures of sweet custom jobs!

·
Registered
110 Posts
I keep wondering how hard it would be to paint the frame on my SR22 pistol white. I think it would look hot, especially since everything else is black. I also think it would last a long time since everything that would be touched is from the factory like the grip and trigger.

·
Registered
357 Posts
You can use Dura Coat to paint the entire gun. It is the same finish they use on AR15's. Do a uTube search on Lauer Dura Coat. Midway and other sites also sell it. It is best if applied with an air brush or spray gun, but they sell an aerosol version. Prep is the key to a long term finish.

Manufacturer of DuraCoat Firearm Finishes:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Painting it myself makes me nervous! I will most likely be looking into sending it out to a shop.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts