Ruger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Striker fired compact 9mm seems to be the popular desire/speculation.
Some want single stack. I would prefer a double stack compact 9mm my self. Give me a 3 1/2 inch barrel and a slim slide. I'll deal with a think grip. I would love one that the mags interchanges with my P89. Like the Glock 26 can accept a Glock 17 mag.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I have to check in more often. This is the first I have heard of the SR9.Can't wait for more definate information to be released.

Just when I narrowed down my next gun purchase to either a 1911 in .45 or 4 other manufactures and 7 models in 9mm or .45
Now I am adding another Ruger to consider.

·
Registered
300 Posts
I heard about the SR9 from a pretty good source and it is supposedly in production. The first release will have a longer barrel, but the next release will be shorter. It is supposed to be a slim piece, but I don't know whether single or double stack. I think single stack. I have been looking at all of the compact and mouse size 9mm and I still have not found what I want. I can only hope for an answer from Ruger. Most of the really small 9mm pocket pistols are either unreliable or too expensive, so Ruger could clean up with a truly small sub compact 9 about the size of the Bersa T380CC which I own.

I am saving my pennies for my next purchase, but I am looking at PC9, BH convertible .357/9mm and I am considering a mini 14. I have also lusted for a mini 30, but $$$$ so we will see. I am going to wait to see what Ruger comes out with before I buy anything else. I have bought a shotgun and 3 pistols this year so I have been out of the market for awhile, but my toy fund is growing and I am waiting.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts